Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Forum: Strelets Forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: A wargamer's opinion

Hi PDA

Actually, one of the issues that I wanted to present in the original post is the use of kickstarters/crowdfunding to test the market before starting a set. I decided to not mention it because I wanted to test Strelets reaction first. I wasn't sure that a kickstarter would be acceptable to Strelets. I am sure it would be a hassle. Based on the results of the 1/72 scale kickstarters over at the Other Company's site, buyers seem to be willing to participate if the contents are what they want. The questions then are is Strelets willing to participate, what are the initial armies/eras to make and what are the contents of the first set(s)?

If the demand is there, I do believe that Strelets should share some of the development costs. However, we wouldn't have any way to verify this, so its a moot point.

I don't believe that bonus figures are necessary. The contents of the set would probably be what you would offer as a bonus figure.

My personal preference would be for a WW2 British 8th Army set in shorts and sized to be compatible with the Airfix and ESCI sets. Reality says that a American Civil War set would be best to take advantage the issue of the upcoming Strelets sets.

Just my 2cents

Pat Brennan

Re: A wargamer's opinion - by Pat Brennan - Mar 15, 2017 8:58pm
To Pat - by GarrisonClay - Mar 15, 2017 11:19pm
Re: A wargamer's opinion - by Paint Dog - Mar 16, 2017 10:36am
Re: A wargamer's opinion - by Graham Korn - Mar 17, 2017 7:14pm
Re: A wargamer's opinion - by Paint Dog - Mar 17, 2017 7:48pm