Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum

Welcome! We hope this forum will turn into a wonderful place to exchange information about our favorite companions - golden retrievers! If at any time you have questions regarding this forum please drop me an email at bward5@mac.com I will respond as quickly as I can. Enjoy!!! Bill

Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Just checking in
Hey guys, just checking in. We are all hanging in there. Rose continues to do well with her lymphoma chemo. Even had her swimming up at the lake a couple weeks ago . Hope you all are having a nice news. Seems like we might have some exciting news here, coming soon :)
Views: 303   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 10, 2017 4:20pm
by Carol and Crysta...
Uncle Bill gone 3 years :(
Bill passed away 3 years ago yesterday. I still think of him so often and miss him. I can close my eyes and see him doling out treats to Toby and Trapper and Keevin, and to all the GRRR dogs at our events. He was the heart and soul of this forum for so many...
Views: 252   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 10, 2017 12:56pm
by Gail Coles
s
Sandra
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Forum soon gone?
I'm not sure whether anyone still checks in here, but I believe this forum will soon be closing - I think Bill had paid for it until the end of 2017. While it is all but gone now as most people are either on facebook or have left, I'm one of the few who still period...
Views: 343   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 7, 2017 4:10pm
by Carol in OH
Yoo - Hoo! Anybody home?
Hi, Is anybody still checking this site? I hate to see it just wither up and die away.... How about a shout out from anyone around with a quick update. Things here are pretty status-quo. Keevin continues to function quite well as a trip-pod. We have doggi...
Views: 308   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 7, 2017 3:57am
by Rosalind Raymond
Forum is paid for until Nov. 3, 2017
Happy New Year! I just checked and Bill had paid for the forum until Nov. 3, 2017. If anyone is reading this and wants to join the GRiC Facebook Page, please email me at debjpink@gmail.com and I will get you the info. It is still active and many of our 'old'...
Views: 269   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 31, 2016 6:58pm
by Rick C
Meloxicam
Has anyone used this for their golden and if so, how long does it take to kick in?
Views: 241   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 17, 2016 2:45pm
by Vicki & Butch
s
Sandra
Faith is 10 today!
It's hard to believe my little sweetie is turning 10 today. I still think of her as my little Taz. Her energy level remains incredibly high - she still runs through the woods almost every day and does zoomies around the backyard like a pup! Happy Birthday Fait...
Views: 321   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 10, 2016 7:55pm
by Debbie and Keevi...
Jordan turns 5 today !!
I can hardly believe it. Where have the years gone ?? We are celebrating big this year, still having Rose with us. She lost her spleen and survived an osteo scare, truly our miracle girl. Rose and J share the same birthday, which was one of the ways I new Jordan was...
Views: 261   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 22, 2016 7:33am
by Debbie and Keevi...
Happy Easter !!!
Just checking in with everyone. J and I are doing well. Helped rescue a darling girl, Olivia, that I came very close to keeping myself. But found a wonderful home for her with some friends, so we will get to see her often. That's the closest J's come to having a new...
Views: 233   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 31, 2016 8:41pm
by Sandra
A Sad Anniversary
Two years ago today we all lost a treasure. Bill Ward passed away on Feb, 22, 2014. We all loved Bill. He is missed every day. He singlehandedly kept this forum going. After his passing we discovered that he had paid for it's existence through Nov. 2017. I hope...
Views: 337   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 8, 2016 3:44pm
by Marcy
m
Marcy
Hi---
I didn't know until recently the site was still available. I've read some of the posts dating back to May, 2014. I joined the FB website, thinking this was closing down. So happy to find I was wrong! I'm sorry to hear of the passing of so many pups. Thank you Laura &...
Views: 274   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 21, 2016 5:44pm
by Marcy
v
Vicki
Butch's birthday
Butch is 12 years old today. He got some scrambled eggs for breakfast and we will go for a good walk today since it has warmed up. I'm on my way to get him a new dog bed. I am so very grateful he is still with us and doing pretty good. Happy birthday my sweet boy...
Views: 275   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 23, 2016 8:55pm
by SM and J
Happy New Year to all of our GRIC friends for many years.
It is great to see that a number of us are still around and occasionally posting. Here is my wish for all of you for the next year- That your days may be golden, That you will be the retriever of your dreams, and that all of the best will come to you this year....
Views: 266   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 23, 2016 8:54pm
by SM and J
Unusual weather
Greetings to everyone- I do miss this forum. I am sorry that most people do not ever post here anymore. The facebook page is not the same. We have had unusual weather here. The weekend before Thanksgiving we had 12+ inches of snow, that melted pretty fast durin...
Views: 288   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 15, 2015 6:15pm
by Sandra
Sunday Social - Happy Thanksgiving!
Good Morning! Keevin and I want to wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving! What are you thankful for this year? I am thankful that I still have Keevin with me and that he is doing well since his amputation 4 1/2 months ago. I am thankful for my wonderf...
Views: 179   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 29, 2015 11:33pm
by PJ Tonkin
Any advice on fourteen year old with difficulty getting up, and on the stairs
Ginger went to the vet yesterday, with her humble servants, seeing Dr. Storslee. She is taking pain relievers, GNC ultra mega glucosamine chondroiton with other supplements including coconut oil and fish oil. Dr. Storslee she is all good, for fourteen years old....
Views: 169   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 15, 2015 9:49pm
by PJ Tonkin
Anybody still here ??
Sorry I haven't been around it;s been kind of a rough summer. Jordan is fine and I am still feeling so blessed that Rose didn't have cancer, What's up with everyone else??
Views: 180   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 15, 2015 9:46pm
by PJ Tonkin
Sunday Social - Happy Halloween and a question
Good Morning! The forum is so quiet any more. I will add a Sunday Social once in a while in hopes of rousing a little interest. Please add a Social any time, any day if you are so inclined. Today's Topic: Happy Halloween! Does your dog/s like Halloween?...
Views: 232   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 9, 2015 11:08pm
by PJ Tonkin
e
Erica
Pagng Susan Marie
I just realized I hadn't seen an update lately on Miss Morgan. How's she doing? How'd all her testing turn out? I hope that this is one of those instances where no news is good news!
Views: 250   Replies: 11
Last Post: Nov 2, 2015 2:32pm
by Gatorbug
Can't believe this site is still going!
I'm switching computers and weeding through stuff from the old one. Couldn't believe you are still going! Glad to see some old friends still posting. It's been years since I've been on this Forum and Goldens have sadly come and gone for all of us. Wow!! Annie...
Views: 187   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 14, 2015 1:46pm
by Carol in OH
d
Deb
Thank You!!
Today I received the beautiful quilt that was made from my late husbands t-shirts. Thanks to some wonderful people here I was able to include some GRIC shirts. GRIC meant the world to Rich and he adored Helen Redlus to the moon and back:) I don't know how to pos...
Views: 225   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 29, 2015 11:02pm
by PJ Tonkin
The Rose Report
Rose Lee had her follow up ultra sound today. The mass they saw 2 weeks ago has not changed. However, there could be a 2nd mass, or it could be a different view of the same mass since they are the exact same size. So being that she is a 12 year old Golden Retriever...
Views: 259   Replies: 14
Last Post: Aug 16, 2015 10:39pm
by Susan Marie and ...
Sunday Social - Please add a sentence or two
Good morning! Today's Topic: Who is still reading this site? Please add a sentence or two to let us know you're still out there! My two cents worth - After losing Trapper to hemangiosarcoma in May, Keevin was diagnosed with soft tissue sarcoma in his left fr...
Views: 279   Replies: 15
Last Post: Aug 13, 2015 4:18am
by Facebook request
Sad Good bye for 2 wonderful boys
For those of you that don't know, Erica lost Teller last month and Murphy yesterday. Two very special boys, much loved here on the forum. Erica still has Teller's son, Kipling and I have his daughter, Jordan. We are saying good bye to way too many this summer
Views: 158   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 10, 2015 2:07pm
by Phyllis L.
Just checking in
I know several of us are going through hard times, everyone is in my prayers. Just wanted to say "I miss you "
Views: 186   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 12, 2015 1:29pm
by Carol in OH
Trapper
It is with much sadness that I am letting you know that Trapper passed away while I was in Ireland.  He became ill during the night of May 12 and Bryan, my amazing house sitter, took him to the emergency vet at 6 the next morning.  Trapper was riddled with...
Views: 247   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 24, 2015 6:14am
by Ann
Sunday Social - Out and In, and In and Out
Good Morning! Happy Father's Day to all the guys out there!! Today's topic: Our furkidz have to go outside to take care of business. How do you handle this? Do you have a doggie door to a yard? Do you take your dog/s out on a leash? Do you leave them out in...
Views: 182   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 23, 2015 2:15pm
by Debbie and Keevi...
Missing Bill...A LOT !!
For some reason I have been missing Bill so much. Maybe because we were at Club Gold a couple weekends ago and of course I saw his memorial plaque, with lots of pictures of Trapper too. I think they would both be pleased that they are so honored there. :) Or someti...
Views: 203   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 16, 2015 8:17pm
by Carol in OH
Sunday Social - Plans for the summer ??
Debbie is back, but may not feel like posting yet. So I thought I would give it one more shot.... What are your plans for the summer?? Jordan is hoping it's a trip to California with your puppers !!! ;)
Views: 142   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 9, 2015 9:42pm
by Carol and Crysta...
Abby made Deb's shirt !!
It turned out great, just what Deb was looking for. I'll try and get a pic posted. My first thought when I saw the shirt was "I have to show this to Bill". Just doesn't seem real to me. I'll try and get a pic posted. Thank you Abby !!!
Views: 150   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 7, 2015 11:07am
by Susan Marie and ...
Sunday Social - Free For All
So today you can post anything you want, can't wait to see what all you come up with.
Views: 218   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 7, 2015 11:02am
by Susan Marie and ...
Sunday Socail - Puppies ???
Sorry, I'm late Internet was down. So, today's question is will you ever get a puppy again ? Why or why not ?
Views: 193   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 7, 2015 10:50am
by Susan Marie and ...
A passing and a question
Not sure how many old timers are still around, but wanted to share.... My husband, affectionately known as Spud Rich, passed away on April 27, 2015. He has been in poor health for sometime, but his passing was sudden. Rich gave his heart and soul to Helen Redl...
Views: 254   Replies: 6
Last Post: May 30, 2015 6:19am
by Carol in OH
Sunday Social - Doggie Personals
I thought this might be fun, all dogs invited.... I'll start Jordan, aka Karnerblue Magic Kisses, is a 4 year old Golden Retriever. Originally from Albany, New York, she now resides on the Central Coast of California with 6 kitty sisters. Her favorite things are...
Views: 129   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 17, 2015 9:51pm
by Carol and Crysta...
Erin's Gotcha Day
Is today !! I found her standing in the middle of a busy road 13 years ago. Even though she is an Angel now, she will always be the be Mother's Day present ever !! A friend made this beautiful video for me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vCRvyc2ZxE
Views: 183   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 11, 2015 9:48am
by Sandra
d
Debbie
Sunday Social - traveling
Good Morning! Today's Topic: As I get ready to go on a big trip I worry more and more about leaving my boys behind. What do you do with your dog/s when you travel? This time I can't take them with me. I'm gong to Ireland for 3 weeks with a friend. I have a fa...
Views: 198   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 5, 2015 2:04pm
by Ann
d
Debbie
Sunday Social - How old...
Good Morning! Today's Topic: How old was/were your dog/s when you got him/her? Did you get them from a rescue? breeder? friend? or where? What are your thoughts on this? Have a golden day! Debbie
Views: 213   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 30, 2015 5:22am
by Judie, Gage & Cl...
d
Debbie
Sunday Social - Dog Treats
Good Afternoon! Today's Topic: What kind/s of dog treats to you use? How often do you give your dog/s treats? Are you picky about the treats your dog gets? Do you use them for training? Where do you get your dog treats? etc..... Have a Golden Day! Debbie
Views: 117   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 22, 2015 9:57pm
by Debbie, Keevin, ...
Jordan turned 4 yesterday
My baby girl is all grown up, even though she doesn't act like it and Rose turned 12. Time is sure flying by, I guess that means I am getting old.
Views: 157   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 20, 2015 4:48pm
by Sandra
d
Debbie
Sunday Social - Dog Parks
Good Morning! Today's Topic: What are your thoughts on Dog Parks? Do you ever take your dog/s to them? Do you think they are a good idea? Are there good and/or bad dog parks and why? How do your dog/s react at dog parks? Do dogs need a place to go where they...
Views: 181   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 16, 2015 9:44am
by Judie, Gage & Cl...
Golden Retriever Lifetime Study
Just wondering if there are any other of our pups are enrolled in the study ? Both Jordan and her brother Kipling are (Teller's Kids). This past Tuesday the study reached it's goal of having 3000 Goldens enrolled. !! The Golden Retriever Lifetime Study is a long te...
Views: 160   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 13, 2015 6:08pm
by Susan Marie and ...
d
Debbie
Sunday Social - Tricks
Good Morning! Happy Easter, Passover, Day, Whatever! Today's Topic: Does your golden/dog know any tricks or commands? Which one/s? Why and/or how did you teach the trick/s? Do you still do training with your dog/s? Have a golden day! Debbie
Views: 177   Replies: 7
Last Post: Apr 9, 2015 1:44pm
by Susan Marie and ...
d
Debbie
Sunday Social - Personalities
Good Morning! Today's Topic: All goldens (and dogs) have their own personality and/or disposition. What is the personality of your dog/s? Is it laid back, goofy, hyper, vigilant, happy, mopey, etc. Have a golden day! Debbie
Views: 154   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 3, 2015 8:46am
by Kim Johnson
d
Debbie
Sunday Social - Doorbell
Good Morning! Today's Topic: How do you handle friends/guests arriving? Does you golden go nuts when the doorbell rings or someone knocks at the door? Do you have a plan or routine to handle this? How did you teach it? Have a Golden Day!! Debbie
Views: 147   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 22, 2015 6:44pm
by Debbie, Keevin, ...
d
Debbie
Sunday Social - Dog Food
Good Morning! Today's topic: What do you feed your dog/s? Why and/or how did you chomp with that choice? Do you have any other interesting or helpful thoughts on feeding? Have a Golden Day!! Debbie
Views: 176   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 16, 2015 7:57am
by Judie, Gage and ...
Happy Birthday Gemma!!
Happy Birthday to Faith's Gemma who turned 8 on March 11. Sorry we're a couple days late to wish that sweet girl a very happy day!! I bet you had some good treats and fun with your momma and sister. Debbie, Keevin and Trapper
Views: 148   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 15, 2015 7:29pm
by PJ Tonkin
d
Debbie
Sunday Social - Collars, Harnesses, Leashes
Good Morning! Today's topic: What collar and/or harness do you use for your dog/s? Do you have a favorite leash or leash material? Do you use retractable leashes? Have a golden day! Debbie
Views: 184   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 13, 2015 8:28am
by Debbie, Keevin, ...
Happy Birthday Uncle Bill
It's really tomorrow, but I know a lot of you visit on Sundays. I still have the card I bought for him last year on my frig.
Views: 132   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 8, 2015 11:51am
by Susan Marie and ...
d
Debbie
Sunday Social - Golden Retriever Quiz
Good Morning! Thank you to Abby and Susan Marie for the idea for today's topic. Today's topic: Here is a fun quiz about golden retrievers. See if you can answer any of the questions. Let's start with one answer per person so more people have a chance to chim...
Views: 275   Replies: 16
Last Post: Mar 6, 2015 12:51pm
by Susan Marie and ...
Happy Birthday Sandra !!!
Hope you have a wonderful day !!
Views: 139   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 4, 2015 8:47pm
by PJ Tonkin
Good bye Curly Murphy
I said good bye to my sweet boy last night. He was improving so much that Murphy, Beau and I went to Petsmart and Petco this weekend. He was so happy. Flirting with everyone and leaning into anyone who'd pet him. Sunday he began to throw up. Monday morning he looked...
Views: 247   Replies: 17
Last Post: Feb 25, 2015 5:01pm
by Mark (Cooper & K...
A Very Special Tribute to a Wonderful Man
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VobxCbQT754&feature=youtu.be. UncleBill1
Views: 368   Replies: 24
Last Post: Feb 25, 2015 9:30am
by Jill
One year ago today..... Remembering Bill
It is hard to believe that it was one year ago that we lost our dear friend Bill. He is missed by so many two and four footed friends. Check here on GRiC for the Memorial to begin today sometime around noon pacific time, 3 eastern time. I am so glad that T...
Views: 206   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 22, 2015 8:05pm
by Sandra
Just back from Club Gold
Where I hung a beautiful tribute plaque for Bill. Pics as soon as Debbie gets back. After Bill retired, we started making plans for he and Debbie to come out to Club Gold. Even though he never actually made it , he is there is spirit along with all the other spirits...
Views: 180   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 22, 2015 5:16pm
by Debbie, Keevin, ...
a
Abby
Missing Bill Today
I just can't believe it's been a year. I still catch myself thinking "Oh I need to tell Bill about this" - then I remember. Like when I stopped my car to run over & pet a golden that was walking with his parents alongside the road - he would have gotten a kick out...
Views: 131   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 22, 2015 12:44pm
by Abby
d
Debbie
Sunday Social - brushing
Good Morning! Today's topic: Goldens are hairy beasts! How often do you brush or comb your golden? Do you bathe them regularly or just on as needed basis? Do you have special grooming tools you especially like? Sorry I'm late getting to this today. I am vis...
Views: 133   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 18, 2015 7:36pm
by PJ Tonkin
Reminder for Uncle Bill's Memorial
Next Sunday, 2/22 , here on this page. A day for remembering our dear friend and then an evening candle ceremony. It still doesn't seem real to me that he is gone
Views: 183   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 18, 2015 6:46pm
by Abby
Checking in and catching up....
Wow, it's been awhile. In 2010, I lost JOY(12),Morgan(4) and Erin (one month shy of 18), all within 6 months. It almost killed me. But after a long ,hard puppy search, my girls led me to GRiC's very own Erica and Teller. One year to the day of JOY's Bridge Day, I bro...
Views: 279   Replies: 13
Last Post: Feb 17, 2015 5:20pm
by Diana, Bayley an...
d
Debbie
Sunday Stroll - How many dogs?
Good Morning! Today's Topic: How many dogs do you presently have and how many have you had in your past? What kind/s are/were they? Sunday Feb. 22nd we will be holding a "Remembrance Day" for Uncle Bill Ward. Hopefully sharing pictures, stories and memories o...
Views: 191   Replies: 7
Last Post: Feb 9, 2015 7:05am
by Phyllis L.
Pancreatitis - Curly Murphy
I'm looking for some advice. My curly guy is suffering from pancreatitis for the first time. I forgot to take out the garbage and my 2 dummies got into it. It has been a week and the vet gave him some anti-nausea Medications and fluid under his skin to fight dehydra...
Views: 168   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 8, 2015 11:09pm
by PJ Tonkin
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Free Forum powered by Bravenet