Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum

Welcome! We hope this forum will turn into a wonderful place to exchange information about our favorite companions - golden retrievers! If at any time you have questions regarding this forum please drop me an email at bward5@mac.com I will respond as quickly as I can. Enjoy!!! Bill

Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Any advice on fourteen year old with difficulty getting up, and on the stairs

Ginger went to the vet yesterday, with her humble servants, seeing Dr. Storslee.
She is taking pain relievers, GNC ultra mega glucosamine chondroiton with other supplements including coconut oil and fish oil.

Dr. Storslee she is all good, for fourteen years old.

I am looking for advice for any other supplements that have been successful with old dogs who cannot get up on their feet. Once she is up, she can walk just fine.

I'll check in later this week.

Sincerely,
PJ Tonkin

Re: Any advice on fourteen year old with difficulty getting up, and on the stairs

Hugs to sweet Ginger. Have you considered cold laser therapy? My neighbor's old lab was really helped by it. His rear end was his weak link. Love old gold.
Rosalind

Re: Any advice on fourteen year old with difficulty getting up, and on the stairs

Glycoflex 3 has worked miracles on many of my older dogs.

Glycoflex has been good for some of our other golden oldies.

Cold laser worked for Ozzie, and gave him some good time. However, the vet in our area, Dr. Becky McCracken, has retired, and there doesn't seem to be anyone else who has been recommended. We will keep looking.

Thank you both.

Sincerely,
PJ Tonkin