Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum

Welcome! We hope this forum will turn into a wonderful place to exchange information about our favorite companions - golden retrievers! If at any time you have questions regarding this forum please drop me an email at bward5@mac.com I will respond as quickly as I can. Enjoy!!! Bill

Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Trapper

It is with much sadness that I am letting you know that Trapper passed away while I was in Ireland.  He became ill during the night of May 12 and Bryan, my amazing house sitter, took him to the emergency vet at 6 the next morning.  Trapper was riddled with hemangiosarcoma.  The emergency vet called Jenni, my sister who is a vet tech in Minnesota, and they all agreed that the only humane treatment was to put him down.  His heart, liver, and spleen were all severely impacted and he was bleeding internally, barely conscious, and in heart failure.  There was nothing anyone could have done.  It wouldn’t have made a bit of difference had I been home.  I am so sorry I wasn’t able to say goodbye and be with him as he passed, but was assured it was peaceful and painless.  Bryan was with him.  They were able to contact me later that day so I knew what happened.  It was so hard to come home and not have him here.  Keevin is doing pretty well. I miss my sweet, funny mischief maker more than I can even believe. I am sure that there is much mischief making at RB since his arrival.

Today would have been Trapper's Gotcha Day - 7 years. And Friday would have been his 12th birthday.

Debbie and Keevin

Re: Trapper

I can find no words big enough for this. Trapper was one of my most favorite dogs EVER !! He had such spunk, one of a kind that's for sure. Thank you so much Debbie, for sharing him with us. He will be forever in our hearts.

Very, very sad news. Trapper was such a special lad and so lucky that he found you. I will miss hearing all the funny and mischievous stories about him. He reminded me so much of my little 'Taz' child Faith. He was such a sweet character.

Happy Gotcha day Trapper at Rainbow Bridge. You're forever in my heart.

Love Sandra and the girls

I was so sorry to hear the news about Trapper. We have you in our thoughts and prayers.

Take care,
Phyllis L.
Ralphie & Hannah the Corgis

Debbie,

I was out of the country for several weeks and am just now reading this heartbreaking news about Trapper. I am so very sorry. Having lost Gage very suddenly to hemangiosarcoma, I can imagine your utter shock and disbelief that your sweet boy left so quickly.