Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum

Welcome! We hope this forum will turn into a wonderful place to exchange information about our favorite companions - golden retrievers! If at any time you have questions regarding this forum please drop me an email at bward5@mac.com I will respond as quickly as I can. Enjoy!!! Bill

Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sunday Social - Free For All

So today you can post anything you want, can't wait to see what all you come up with.

Re: Sunday Social - Free For All

Since it has been raining all day here, thought I would ask, Do your dogs like the rain? My Crystal would take a walk in the rain, but she really doesn't like to just lay out in the yard when it's raining. She's out & in pretty fast. Which I suppose is a good thing, no muddy dog to contend with

Teddy will walk in the rain, but I can tell he doesn't enjoy it. He really doesn't like water. He will cross the creek without sitting or lying down. Charlie (RB), on the other hand, loved the water and enjoyed walking in the rain. He never crossed the creek, because he woul just lie down and enjoy the water.

Charlie sounds like my RB Zoe, she loved the water also and would stay in the creek for hours if I let her. Montana loved water too he was my swimmer, Barney would go in but not lie down. They were all so different.

We bought Charlie (RB) a wading pool from K-Mart. I can still hear him sigh when he would lie down in that pool on a hot day. He loved it soooo much. We got the pool out for Teddy and he just stood in it looking terribly uncomfortable. Since Teddy will cross the creek without lying down in it, he and I take some wonderful walks Charlie (RB) and I were never able to do.

Jordan is a little fish, sometimes I have to carry her away from the water. But I don't think she would like laying outside in the rain. Maybe walking in a light rain. Her deal is the wind, she hates lots of wind.