Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum

Welcome! We hope this forum will turn into a wonderful place to exchange information about our favorite companions - golden retrievers! If at any time you have questions regarding this forum please drop me an email at bward5@mac.com I will respond as quickly as I can. Enjoy!!! Bill

Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sunday Social - Happy Halloween and a question

Good Morning!

The forum is so quiet any more. I will add a Sunday Social once in a while in hopes of rousing a little interest. Please add a Social any time, any day if you are so inclined.

Today's Topic:

Happy Halloween! Does your dog/s like Halloween? Do you dress them up? If so, what are some of the better Halloween costumes you have had?

This year I am thinking that Keevin should be a bunny since he now hops on his three legs. Anyone have any ideas for me how to his costume?

Have a Golden Day!
Debbie

Re: Sunday Social - Happy Halloween and a question

Debbie, the costume sounds great for Keevin. He will make a cute bunny

I have only tried to dress my dogs at Christmas, taking pictures for the holiday cards. My first thought is Crystal would get a bit stressed if I tried it on her, but who knows maybe she would love it.

Looking forward to seeing a picture of Keevin in his costume.

Keevin will make a very cute bunny! I love the idea. Since our son was never really into Halloween we did not dress the goldens up, only one year. Chris was into the book series "Captain Underpants" and Halloween boxers on Michelob and took him out as Captain Underpants with him. Genesee went as a gumball machine (clear trash bag with colored balloons blown up inside). She loved it. Stormy and Buddy hated having things put on them so no dress up for anything! Our other rescue golden Spring would do anything for a treat so you could dress her up but we didn't do it too much.

The Forum needs a 'like' button! Love your descriptions Kim, and Carol, let us know if you try to dress up Crystal. I have contacted a friend who is going to give me bunny ears, nose, and tail. Now I will have to be creative, not my strength, to figure out how to put it together.

Debbie, maybe you can find ideas on Pinterest.

Not much dressing up here, and no trick or treaters. Both of my daughters get quite a few.

The daughter who has 2 golden retrievers will usually dress them up. However, they got bordatella, first one and then the other, apparently from doggy day care, even though everyone there is up to date on everything. One of them had pneumonia, and the other was coughing, so they were both medicated.

I had an interesting discussion about the doxycycline shortage, and the older one received something (name is similar to minicycline). The poor 16 1/2 year old could not walk until that drug was out of her system, so she finally got the doxycycline.

So, I don't know if they were dressed at all for Halloween, since they could not go out.

Regards, and hoping for a great November for all of us,

PJ