Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: cavalry figures, Motorcycles & Horse Sense, Too

That's hilarious, Hank. And lets not forget that an experienced rider should give the horse a good shake at the end, too!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: cavalry figures, Motorcycles & Horse Sense, Too

A few other things to remember:

- There were differing "fashions" of riding; the Prussians, for example, tended to ride with longer stirrups than other nations, thus would have stretched legs.
- When charging, you're supposed to come up out of the saddle, just like when galloping normally, or jumping for that matter.
- On the other hand, when a horse bolts I for one was taught to sit back in the saddle rather than lift myself up.
- Then again, especially later in the Nappy wars, many cavalrymen were in fact lousy riders, so might just do inappropriate things.
- And yes, horses are very annoying around dinner time!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: cavalry figures, Motorcycles & Horse Sense, Too

Thank you, Duco, for your facts.

Hank and I sound like Jokers but we're not in this case. Not totally, in any case ... :-)

The releif thing is of course in humour, but horses, riders, European Saddles, Western Saddles, and of course a riders individual riding style should factor into the situation ... both Professional or Amateure.

I'm with your opinion, in the end! Cheers, Mate!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: cavalry figures, Motorcycles & Horse Sense, Too

No worries Dave- believe me, when riding horses you need a sense of humour too!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: cavalry figures, Motorcycles & Horse Sense, Too

Dave Its no joke.Oh btw dont try that manoeuvre on a motorcyclette.people in TExas high street may not like you doing that.