Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: I'm still planning on buying two sets ....

I'll still be getting one, if you don't want the extra figures there is always eBay!?!

Re: Re: I'm still planning on buying two sets ....

A valid point DW. I almost always buy more than what I'll need for myself. Eventually, all these will become out of circulation. In my case, when I retire in 15 to 20 years, I'll have enough free time and enough rare figurines to make it worth setting up an eBay account and selling off the extras.

My plan is that by selling at rarer prices, like the old Atlantic sets, I can pretty much recover my original investment. My hobby will in effect pay for itself. Anyway ...

Happy Collecting Now!

Re: Re: Re: I'm still planning on buying two sets ....

Hi Dave,

that's a nice strategy. Any suggestions which sets to add to the portfolio to get a nice financial reward during retirement age???

I guess it paid off for everyone who bought Atlantic's Trojans, Colloseum, Greek and Egyptian ships, Giant's figures etc in the 70s/80s - with some $50 return or more for every $ spent.

Re: Re: Re: Re: I'm still planning on buying two sets ....

Dear Jan,

My wife is listening as I read the interesting comments. She's laughing right now because she said, "Sounds just like you with eBay!" But, my predictions ...

1. Crimean Range will be an absolute Classic Must Have as most plastic producers still refuse to target everyone. Most are Wargamers only. S*R attracts everyone with it's action poses as well as wargamer, marching, firing, etc.

2. You said ... "I guess it paid off for everyone who bought Atlantic's Trojans, Colloseum, Greek and Egyptian ships, Giant's figures etc in the 70s/80s - with some $50 return or more for every $ spent."

Response: Ha, ha !!! Me too. I have made some others somewhat wealthy in a small way. But truthfully, I'm still grateful to have especially the Atlantics. This will be "Our Revenge!"

I can really only say, "Happy Collecting Now :-)" ...

... and I know this prediction is 100% accurate. Thank you Jan for confirming I'm not alone in buying older stuff for the pure enjoyment of it, and not the monetary gain.

keep the boxes....

Interesting comments Dave.Keep the box that increases the value,plus if you get two , put one still sealed in a time capsule soemwhere in your attic with the selaphane wrapper on.Some airfix 1st edition boxes alone are worth 7 UKPounds($14).

Like what you are saying about the Crimean War. Also its time that we saw more Prussian War figures from 1860's and 1870's. Its these Prussian Wars that made Toy Soldiers pretty much found in every boys toy box in European hosueholds and hence began Wargaming Flats.

An exciting era in warfare that seems to be shelved with the last of both the dash and panache of colorful uniforms of post Napoleonic eras(Both Nap I and Nap III) and also the arrival of sic machines/mechanization in warfare.Steam tractors/traction engines and millitreuses.
Have fun on the run......

Re: extra figs...

i'll buy the big box set to get the staff and casualties. so if i get two extra sets i already have, i can beef up companies and have conversion figures. the naval artillery set would be a good one for conversions. since i only had one set to begin with, i didn't want to alter my originals. i suppose it's 'set integrity'...keeping it intact somewhat. hat used to give out four officers in an infantry set, so you could always convert two and not really lose anything. i guess the 'big box' concept is pricey, but a good option for some people.

Re: Re: extra figs...

Hi Hank and Madpenman,

Oh yes, I'd love to see some 1870's Franco-Prussian War figurines. They wore all the stylish headgear between the Crimean thru WWI.

And I can't wait to add the latest S*R Crimean British Hussars and Russian Cavalry, just ordered them yesterday in the U.S. And still I have the Hospital set to look forward to.

Happy 2007 Collecting!

Russian General and Hospital set box art

Box art looks a bit drab, COMPARED WITH MASTERS WHICH LOOK GREAT. wonder if strelets will relent and sell it separate ?(cOMRADES ?)