Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: which is the best 1/72 stretcher party

The strelets set The army of Henry V has two men supporting a man using some sort of early gun under the stricken man to hold him up, not an actual stretcher but it does the trick, and it's a lovely piece.

My favorite is actually Airfix's WW1 German. I always thought they looked the best both in detail & overall appearance.

Cheers to Airfix for all their stretcher teams & casualties!

Re: Re: which is the best 1/72 stretcher party

CW Russian Grenadiers have an unusal casualty handling teh set of 3 figures.

Re: Re: Re: which is the best 1/72 stretcher party

I'd like to applaud S*R for producing stretcher bearers in the Crimean Russian and French sets. I like both very much.

I also applaud them for including a casualty pose in the various Cavalry and Infantry sets. I like the diversity of each and evey one. S*R's consistent variety will always endear them to me just like the Airfix sets always have - Classics in their own time.

I only wish - - - I had more free time to enjoy them all!

Re: Re: Re: Re: which is the best 1/72 stretcher party

Hi Garrison, Spot on. Its teh classical artistic formula with many little pictures making up the big picture composition.Every major war painting/sculpyure has theses factors.Added impact.casualties add drama and depth to the figure set.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: which is the best 1/72 stretcher party

Hi Guns!

S*R has certainly made it's place in 1/72 Soft Plastic history. And I do love the Roman Mini sets, however, some of the poses could be combined with others Mini sets, such as ...

Romans Before Battle + Romans After Battle + Romans on the March + Romans on Guard at the Mile Fort Walls ...

This could free them up to do other themes. I like the Mini Themes so far, but I see some "over-kill" in similar poses ...

... And would like to see them move on more quickly to other Eras.

I must admit, in criticism, I was dumbfounded to see the latest set of Napoleonic French Marching. Oh, man, how many of these can one generation afford?

I suppose I'm wrong, but I have been saving my Salary for more of S*R's super original sets that ... "Fill the gaps other companies have left behind." For example, I'm looking forward to buying the upcoming French Cavalry - a favorite of mine. And of course the Turk Infantry, but I've O'D'ed on Highlanders already.

Just my feeling. No big deal. Don't pound me, dude! I'll always be a big fan here. I support S*R and only hope something I say will make a difference.

Cheers, Mates All - Have a Super Weekend!

The best stretcher party is always one with an empty stretcher.

A party is six with two taking a break, then pulling from the front then pushing from behind (the most arduous), each time positions are changed you also change sides to rest the other hand.

On exercise a full jerry-can or two sandbags are used as a casualty, also the origin of the log-race is to be found in stretcher-bearing.

Re: Re: which is the best 1/72 stretcher party

If some needed stretcher they have to wait until battlE over , it is no time for emotional peopel.
corpsman only patch up, he focus on lesser injured to get back into fight quickest. walking wounded can still be utilsed for help with ammo.