Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Russo-Turkish War

I would also support the idea. Although I would like to now ASAP if there are chances for coverage of that war, so I would buy the Waterloo 1815 Italian Bersaglieri, since they would make Romanian Chasseurs (vinatori) for 1877, by a simple painting conversion. The russo-turkish war of 1877-78 is known in my country as the romanian war of independence, where a corps of 4 divisions fought at Plevna, Vidin, Grivita, Smirdan. For the turks, the closest would be the Waterloo 1815 anglo-egyptian army, although much converting would be needed.
However, if Strelets will produce them , I will certainly buy them, and will probably start painting them sometime around 2060.

Re: Re: Russo-Turkish War

Dear Radu,

many thanks for the tip with the Painting conversion of the Bersaglieri. Yes in brown they would look good too.

I am always talking about the forgotten wars of 1850-1880. The Russo-Turkish war would be one of my biggest dreams. Beside this of corse the Prussian-French and (thanks Waterloo 1815) the French-Austrian war of 1859.

The Turkish army in the Zouave-style uniform would be no problem for 1877. But the Russians need a good conversion job. And all this types of cavalry. I would like to see this army appearing one time at the Strelets future listing!!

cheers
Uwe