Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Prone

I think Jake is talking about men lying and firing, or just sheltering, rather than casualties. Given the volume of rifle fire that could be generated by then many prone poses would be required for both sides.

Prone poses

Dear all
I like the Airfix WWI French and British infantry and Revell WWI German infantry prone poses. Shooting slightly to the left seems more natural than shooting straight ahead. Several of the Boers should also be like the Strelets Cossacks - shooting with the left arm supported by the left knee and the right leg along the ground. They should be different to the British army who were used to aiming at fixed targets on the rifle ranges, the Boers sharpened their skills hunting animals on the veldt.

Re: Prone

Hi Jon,

Thank you for your correction. I was incorrect in assuming casualties. Prone here obviously means not in an upright fighting position.

I hope collectors have noticed that the S*R 038 - British Line Infantry 1898-1902 contains so far 15 prone and kneeling poses, far more than the other popular manufacterors that I can see because of their 40-45 pose policy. This should go a long way to satisfying poses for the devastating fire power of the Boers against the British regulars and the horrific effects. Real death is oh-so-awful!

Thanks again Jon for your help! Happy Collecting