Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: A Not So Good Friday for Bavarian Infantry Command Group

such sad news, RIP Anton and deepest condolences to his family and friends

He left after his son was killed. His son took out civilians from the northern part of Kharkov. And during the evacuation they were fired upon by Russian MLRS. And I very much doubt that someone lived after that in their house. Their house was in the most shelled area of ​​Kharkov - Northern Saltovka. Many houses were destroyed there. This area was shelled for 6 months. There are no whole houses there.

Words cannot convey my inner thoughts or offer up any just reasons upon reading about the loss of the sculptor/designer Anton in this most unreasonable and useless war. I am deeply saddened, and am very sorry about all this for his immediate family - and his Strelets family. Please Strelets,,,,I would like to know if Anton was the key artist for any of the latest WSS series of fine figures. If you could answer that it would be greatly appreciated. Toby Barrett, Portsmouth, Virginia USA

Dear Toby,

He was a SOLE sculptor for this series.
We wanted this series to be homogenous in terms of artist's hand, which one can easily detect.

We had quite extensive plans for WSS which we will have to completely revise now.

Best regards,

Strelets

I just heard about Anton from someone else, earlier this evening.

He sculpted some of my favourite sets and he broke the mould for designing officer figures. The news made my wife cry. Neither of us new who he was until tonight, but I have been raving about his skills for years and she's had to listen to me.

Tonight the world is a little dimmer, but he has left us with a marvellous legacy.

Slava Ukraine!

Thank you for acknowledging Anton’s skills in the WSS series. Did a Duck Duck search this evening and discovered the following link with a photo of Anton.
https://news.yahoo.com/ukrainian-musician-artist-anton-derbilov-083500441.html

As many others, I am greatly saddened to hear of the death of Anton Derbilov. He was a great artist and sculptor, who created some of the finest sets of 1/72 miniatures. A tragic loss.

May I add my sincere condolences to his family, his comrades-in-arms, and to all at Strelets. His death will not be in vain, and he will leave a lasting legacy.

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=569204

Other miniatures groups are also spreading the word of this loss to our miniatures community.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek

Condolences to Anton’s family and friends and to everyone at Strelets.

The work he has produced for the WSS and Jacobite ranges has, in my opinion, raised the standards again for this very niche hobby. I will ensure I appreciate his works on my painting table even more going forwards.

Could I ask Strelets, whether you have a favourite set produced by Anton’s skilled hand?

Dear Rich,

Probably early command sets for Napoleonics along with more recent WSS series.

Best regards,

Strelets

RIP Anton

our condolences to his family and to the Strelets team

we much enjoyed his work and have many of his WSS figures

Our best wishes for the safety of the rest of the team

Oh no...

This ****ed war...

Anton is another tragic victim of this war, started by this madman who thinks he can bring the old Soviet Union back to life. I always have to think about what was unleashed 80 years ago by a similar dictator from my native Germany...And the dictator we are dealing with now is a similar "man-eater"..

May Anton rest in peace - his sacrifice was not in vain..

We will honor him...and the wonderful works he created.

Farewell to Anton Derbilov
Re: Farewell to Anton Derbilov

Dear Gerd,

Thank you so much for posting the link to Anton "Patrick" Derbilov's farewell. Your thoughtfulness allows us to pay our respects for our friend from afar. Because of his life's efforts, we as Collectors will remember him every time we pick up his art works. And that is a good thing!

:flag-ua:

I noticed now about rhe sad news.

My condolences for Anton’s family and the Strelets team from Barcelona.

I always thought that the sculptor of these series was really an outstanding artist. Now I know vis face and I honour him as one of the best sculptors I have seen in the nobby during my long life collecting 1/72 figures.

Rest in Peace Anton. Each one of your figures is a piece of you living forever in the little world of plastic
Figures. We do still play with Airfix figures made in the 70s.

So we will never forget Anton Derbilov.

Miquel

The information you shared is very helpful, thank you very much!