Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
A Not So Good Friday for Bavarian Infantry Command Group

Best regards,

Strelets

Re: A Not So Good Friday for Bavarian Infantry Command Group

How you’re pulling this off is beyond me! What is this… 6 sets now in a very late production phase? Well done Strelets!

Thank you Strelets for this beautiful plastic memorial, dedicated to the dead soldiers of the Napoleonic Wars. The sculptures of the dying command group prompted me to look up the number of victims of the Napoleonic Wars: a shocking 6.5 million dead, and countless more who were crippled or orphaned. This is a big number, when taking into consideration a total population of 180 million people across Europe at that time. With Europe's population today, 26 million people would need to be killed, in order to achieve a similar ratio.

May the so beautifully done sculptures of a dying Bavarian command group always remind us of what happened during the Napoleonic wars. Each of the 7 dying soldiers stands for almost one million dead.

To all victims of all wars: I mourn for you.

Dear Jan,

You posted a very appropriate message here, reminding us that real war is ugly.

Few minutes ago we received a call from a colleague, saying that our former sculptor Anton Derbilov perished yesterday.
It's a sad day for us. Every time, when we opened Telegram canal listing losses, we anticipated something bad like that to happen and here we go...

Let peace be upon us.

Amen.

Strelets

That is such sad news.

Takes the shine off a wonderful post of this test sprue

'Best wishes, thoughts and hope' don't really cut it at a time of such tragic loss. Added to far too many already...

Very sorry to hear that Strelets. You all have my sincerest condolences.

Real war is indeed very ugly. If only it was confined to little plastic soldiers on a tabletop, but alas, it isnt.

Really hope peace can come for Ukraine soon. Whether thats through sensible talks or victory on the battlefield, we shall have to wait and see.

Strelets
Dear Jan,

Few minutes ago we received a call from a colleague, saying that our former sculptor Anton Derbilov perished yesterday.
It's a sad day for us. Every time, when we opened Telegram canal listing losses, we anticipated something bad like that to happen and here we go...

Let peace be upon us.

Amen.

Strelets
Dear Strelets team,
Thank you for sharing this tragic news with.
May Anton Derbilov rest in peace.
CPN

Dear Strelets,

My sincere condolences to you.

Your loss is our loss. Anton Derbilov was only 43 when he perished. A father of 3. A genius sculptor. A fellow human being.

I have tears in my eyes, I have a heavy heart, and I know that you do too.

It is a bad Friday. Real war is ugly.

May the fighting stop and friendship between the people prevail. May God be kind and merciful to those who were left behind.

Let Peace be upon us.

Amen.

Jan

Incredibly sad news. Thank you for informing us Strelets. For many of us away from the war the loss of Anton is certainly the most personal loss we’ve felt as a result of the conflict, as we’ve gotten to know pieces of him through the hobby (which doesn’t compare to how his family must feel). But it puts in perspective how truly sad is that hundreds of men on both sides perish everyday. All of which are sons, husbands, fathers, and siblings to somebody.

Strelets
Dear Jan,

Let peace be upon us.

Amen.

Strelets
Je suis très triste car à chaque qu'un être humain meure, c'est tout un livre qui se ferme. Oui, je suis très triste. Courage à vous tous et surtout essayer de rester en sécurité.

Strelets
Dear Jan,

Let peace be upon us.

Amen.

Strelets
Dearest Strelets,

This is exactly the news I've prayed would never come. I'm so sorry and saddened by the loss of Anton Derbilov. My sincerest condolences to his wife and daughters. The world has been a better place with his music and artistic talents. I sometimes wonder why I collect soft plastic figurines, but I believe the talents of the sculptors that goes into the figurines memorializes the sacrifices all have made to make our world a better place, being both soldiers who should never be forgotten, and the artists who let them be remembered.

Victory and Peace to Ukraine :flag-ua: :cry:

So sad to hear. My condolences to all who knew him personally and loved him. Our world is diminished.

That really is tragic news!
I wonder if there Will be a fundraiser for Antons family?
Regards

Re: Sad news about Anton

I have been dreading such sad news. It is dreadful that the evil bit of s*** is depriving the world of wonderful and talented people like Anton. Every life that the sick Dictator takes is a great loss to their families and friends to whom I offer my condolences. We are taught not to wish ill on anyone, no matter how bad they are, BUT, if that is what it takes to save many lives then so be it.

Jan
Thank you Strelets for this beautiful plastic memorial, dedicated to the dead soldiers of the Napoleonic Wars. The sculptures of the dying command group prompted me to look up the number of victims of the Napoleonic Wars: a shocking 6.5 million dead, and countless more who were crippled or orphaned. This is a big number, when taking into consideration a total population of 180 million people across Europe at that time. With Europe's population today, 26 million people would need to be killed, in order to achieve a similar ratio.

May the so beautifully done sculptures of a dying Bavarian command group always remind us of what happened during the Napoleonic wars. Each of the 7 dying soldiers stands for almost one million dead.

To all victims of all wars: I mourn for you.
Hello Jan,
I agree with the philosophy of your message.
About the casualties figures I don't.

The latest studies demonstrates undeniable massive casualties but not this level fortunately for Europe. France would have suffered between 800k and 1M casualties and the other countries about 2M.
Furthermore most of the European countries involved during that period even witnessed an increase of population.
Again I agree about the ugly aspects of war but I think we must be careful of the messaging behind that can be drawn behind inexact figures.

In comparison, the Seven Years Wars caused between 900k to 1,4M ...in seven years.
Again a very cynical discussion and I sincerely agree with you about the sadness brought by wars.
CPN

Hello CPN,

you are 100% right. The numbers that I quoted may very well be wrong. There are many factors that influence such numbers and I claim innocence by not knowing the truth.

Happy Easter weekend Strelets!

Wow, another new set on the horizon and this time its the Napoleonic Bavarians! You are doing really well despite the circumstances Strelets. You should be proud of yourselves at what you can achieve even when war interupts your way of life. As us Brits would say, you are showing the "Blitz spirit".

Some interesting poses there. The prone casualties are very good. The guy holding his neck is very unique and of course realistic as wounds occured all over, with musket balls & shrapnel flying everywhere. So he is already a favourite!

However, i'm not too sure about the standing officer.
Theres 2 issues. First, not sure why the sword blade has to be glued into a ring hand. This is not a good avenue to go down really. Its unnecessarily fiddly & doesnt always look ok. I had to do this with some Waterloo 1815 resin Belgian Carabiniers & it was a right pain. Always a weak spot too for snapping off. So not a fan on that idea.
Second issue is the flintlock pistol. It doesnt look like it has come through very well. A bit too small looking & not well defined.

Apart from the officer, they look fine & I look forward to getting the set once its released.

Take care Strelets & keep up the good work.

Strelets

Best regards,

Strelets
Hi Strelets team,
I believe these are great hobby news and my guess is that is the Bavarian firing line?
CPN

Dear CPN,

The news is mixed.
The 2nd mould for the rank and file soldiers of this set was destroyed by an artillery barrage. The guy, who made moulds for us in the basement of his house left the country soon after the war broke out. His vacant house was occupied by some territorial army unit and must have been detected/identified/destroyed as soldiers' accommodation.
So one can now realise what our usual reservation of AGW (all going well) means.
For the avoidance of doubt, AGW we will make a replacement mould and release the set in due course.

Best regards,

Strelets

PS. It was a hard day's night.:disappointed: We just hope, that it's the last piece of bad news for today.

so sorry to hear of the great loss of Anton, my sincere condolences to his wife and family, my prayers and thoughts are with all Ukraine
Victory & Peace soon
Old John

old john
so sorry to hear of the great loss of Anton, my sincere condolences to his wife and family, my prayers and thoughts are with all Ukraine
Victory & Peace soon
Old John
So sorry...
R.I.P. Anton ...condolences for his family. What a nightmare...

Strelets
Dear CPN,

The news is mixed.
The 2nd mould for the rank and file soldiers of this set was destroyed by an artillery barrage. The guy, who made moulds for us in the basement of his house left the country soon after the war broke out. His vacant house was occupied by some territorial army unit and must have been detected/identified/destroyed as soldiers' accommodation.
So one can now realise what our usual reservation of AGW (all going well) means.
For the avoidance of doubt, AGW we will make a replacement mould and release the set in due course.

Best regards,

Strelets

PS. It was a hard day's night.:disappointed: We just hope, that it's the last piece of bad news for today.
Indeed all these bad news!
We support you.
You and your team stay safe as much as you can.
CPN

such sad news, RIP Anton and deepest condolences to his family and friends

He left after his son was killed. His son took out civilians from the northern part of Kharkov. And during the evacuation they were fired upon by Russian MLRS. And I very much doubt that someone lived after that in their house. Their house was in the most shelled area of ​​Kharkov - Northern Saltovka. Many houses were destroyed there. This area was shelled for 6 months. There are no whole houses there.

Words cannot convey my inner thoughts or offer up any just reasons upon reading about the loss of the sculptor/designer Anton in this most unreasonable and useless war. I am deeply saddened, and am very sorry about all this for his immediate family - and his Strelets family. Please Strelets,,,,I would like to know if Anton was the key artist for any of the latest WSS series of fine figures. If you could answer that it would be greatly appreciated. Toby Barrett, Portsmouth, Virginia USA

Dear Toby,

He was a SOLE sculptor for this series.
We wanted this series to be homogenous in terms of artist's hand, which one can easily detect.

We had quite extensive plans for WSS which we will have to completely revise now.

Best regards,

Strelets

I just heard about Anton from someone else, earlier this evening.

He sculpted some of my favourite sets and he broke the mould for designing officer figures. The news made my wife cry. Neither of us new who he was until tonight, but I have been raving about his skills for years and she's had to listen to me.

Tonight the world is a little dimmer, but he has left us with a marvellous legacy.

Slava Ukraine!

Thank you for acknowledging Anton’s skills in the WSS series. Did a Duck Duck search this evening and discovered the following link with a photo of Anton.
https://news.yahoo.com/ukrainian-musician-artist-anton-derbilov-083500441.html

As many others, I am greatly saddened to hear of the death of Anton Derbilov. He was a great artist and sculptor, who created some of the finest sets of 1/72 miniatures. A tragic loss.

May I add my sincere condolences to his family, his comrades-in-arms, and to all at Strelets. His death will not be in vain, and he will leave a lasting legacy.

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=569204

Other miniatures groups are also spreading the word of this loss to our miniatures community.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek

Condolences to Anton’s family and friends and to everyone at Strelets.

The work he has produced for the WSS and Jacobite ranges has, in my opinion, raised the standards again for this very niche hobby. I will ensure I appreciate his works on my painting table even more going forwards.

Could I ask Strelets, whether you have a favourite set produced by Anton’s skilled hand?

Dear Rich,

Probably early command sets for Napoleonics along with more recent WSS series.

Best regards,

Strelets

RIP Anton

our condolences to his family and to the Strelets team

we much enjoyed his work and have many of his WSS figures

Our best wishes for the safety of the rest of the team

Oh no...

This ****ed war...

Anton is another tragic victim of this war, started by this madman who thinks he can bring the old Soviet Union back to life. I always have to think about what was unleashed 80 years ago by a similar dictator from my native Germany...And the dictator we are dealing with now is a similar "man-eater"..

May Anton rest in peace - his sacrifice was not in vain..

We will honor him...and the wonderful works he created.

Farewell to Anton Derbilov
Re: Farewell to Anton Derbilov

Dear Gerd,

Thank you so much for posting the link to Anton "Patrick" Derbilov's farewell. Your thoughtfulness allows us to pay our respects for our friend from afar. Because of his life's efforts, we as Collectors will remember him every time we pick up his art works. And that is a good thing!

:flag-ua:

I noticed now about rhe sad news.

My condolences for Anton’s family and the Strelets team from Barcelona.

I always thought that the sculptor of these series was really an outstanding artist. Now I know vis face and I honour him as one of the best sculptors I have seen in the nobby during my long life collecting 1/72 figures.

Rest in Peace Anton. Each one of your figures is a piece of you living forever in the little world of plastic
Figures. We do still play with Airfix figures made in the 70s.

So we will never forget Anton Derbilov.

Miquel

The information you shared is very helpful, thank you very much!