Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: British Firing Line contribution

Great job with a great overall impression. Thanks for sharing your work!

Just love that scarlet red! Very nicely done. Thank you for sharing with the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

Nice firing line i like it a lot you have turned these figures in to really great scene to behold.:yum:

Re: British Firing Line contribution ( They don't like it up em )

Thank you Chaps, for your kind words of praise and constructive criticism. The bayonets are indeed too big. I did try to trim them after I had stuck them on, unfortunately to little effect. I enjoyed painting these figures, well most of them anyway. I particularly liked the casualties as I don't think there are enough in the hobby. The word impression was used a couple of times and that's exactly what I was trying to achieve. Unfortunately I shall have to wait till Strelets produce a number of figures in the kneeling position before I would try for any accuracy. I did dig out some Airfix soldiers doing just that but the painting was so poor and they looked incompatible with the new set. Not being a wargamer or an amateur historian I just tend to follow the box art.
Many thanks
Paul

Great presentation of some very nicely painted figures Paul. They look terrific, very neat lace and cross belts.

As for the figures themselves, most of the qualms I had about them have completely disappeared under the paint, so a good useful set.:relaxed:

I agree; you did a bang-up job on these. As for quibbles - nil illegitimus carborundum!

Well done Paul... Fine paint job.