Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Would Byzantines sell well?

Afternoon Gentlemen,
I believe that a couple of sets of Byzantines would sell quite well if folks simply knew more about them. At the height of their power, the Byzantines had faced several major powers in the region. Arabs, Normans, The Rus, several nomad tribes, and Turks. I have studied Byzantine history in depth now for nearly two decades and the stuff is brilliant reading if one is interested. For a thousand years almost the Empire stood against all enemies and weathered them each in turn. Ultimately it boils down to which period or periods would get a produced. The Justinian period was certainly busy with the re-conquest of so much of the former empire. I believe though that we could still use Late roman figures for this period (just my opinion). For me the real period of Byzantine greatness stemmed from about 900 till 1100. Here you get the battles with the above mentioned factions. I would love to see them produced but know better than to get my hopes up. Hope you guys are all well and weathering the plague.
Cheers from the Old North State. Ole Ben.

Re: Would Byzantines sell well?

I agree that late Romans could be used for 6th century Byzantines and, personally, am more interested in 9th to 11th century. Also the later era would complement Strelets existing range better.