Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Future Ultima Ratio and Redbox

are russian war monks streletsi,or are they something else?

The English sailor sets look interesting. nothing else floating my boat (pun intended). Disappointed no new Jacobite stuff, or WW2 Japanese, after their superb aviator sets I had hoped for Artillery/heavy weapons etc.

Most interesting and unusual subjects! Yes the UR Mujahedin was a nice set, so looking forward to their Soviet adverseries too.
And Redbox...keep them 16-17th century sets coming! And when you are done with that era, perhaps dive in to the War of Spanish Succession??? :D

Russian monks are different then Strelets but I expected Muscovit early guners,too...

Arlin;
Nothing about new Alliance?

Nothing was listed

Thanks!

English sailors look interesting - finally a crew fro my Airfix Golden Hind. I hope RB's renaissance foray stretches to English types like bill and bow, border horse and demilances - their medieval Irish could still be used in late Tudor times.

http://cheapfantasyminis.blogspot.com/ for Dec. 11th shows a partial sprue of a new set of heavily armored Chaos Warrior/Death Dealer type barbarians and a single figure shot of a more fully armored Amazon in scale male with a greatsword. She looks more Nordic than the earlier Grecian Amazons.

Good times for all the collectors of other stuff than 20th century European infantry out there.

Will have a close look at which set might fill the ranks of my "Boxer Rebellion" Imperial troops - maybe the Ottoman artillery could double.

The WW2 sets sound interesting as well. Regards, Pa

The Redbox pics on Миниатюры 1/72 site look like Russian War monks, then on the right -top to bottom -Turkish sailors in battle, Turkish janissaries(yeniçeri), English sailors in battle.
The English sailors look more like 16th century though some may do for early 17th century. Fashions change quite considerably in the 17th century but working clothes like simplified doublets outlasted most of their owners and were often recycled and slightly modified. The paintings by 17th c Dutch artists of maritime scenes are excellent reference material. The captain looks more characteristically Elizabethan and would be a bit of a Don Quixote if he dressed like that in the mid 17th c.

David