Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Alliance Fantasy: Dare I say LOTR?

i hadnt realized till now that between caesar and alliance,their will be close to 40 fantasy sets produced.

& they are NOT done! Caesar says they will be producing more Fantasy sets & Red Box has no intention of resting on their laurels!

Giorgio; WOW! OK, I see your points, but can we finish LOTR first? But I do agree there needs to be more Elves! I actually already spoke to them about this.

As for using current sets for humans; NO! If they are going to do this, let's do it right! I don't want to go back to the bad old days of using "Napoleonics for Mexicans & Cowboys for Texans for Alamo!" type of thing! Make the armies of Rohan & Gondor! I don't want to settle! Make some of the other human armies that sided with Sauron as well!

I know you want dedicated figures for Gondor and Rohan and I would definitely agree on Gondor, however, I don't think you could do much better than Lucky Toys Huns for Easterlings, much criticised as being too fantastical for real Huns but great for fantasy.

Thanks for backing me on Gondor! But Rohan does need specific figs as well! Yje Huns might be good for human allied to Sauron, but Rohirum? Not a chance!

Rohirrim are mounted Vikings, so i think Rus could work well.
Of course a set or more of properly Riders of the Mark are a real luxury.

While i see Easterlings more like Samurai...