In Memory of Peter B. Ober

Please use this message forum to share your thoughts, memories, and stories about Pete.

In Memory of Peter B. Ober
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Veteran's Day... oversight

Vince and I were listening to live music last night, but my mind... part of the time... was back here. I kept thinking of the names I DIDN'T put here... an endless list, of course.

Jed... how could I have failed to type in your name? You were one of Pete's personal heroes; he was amazed by your tenacity and you inspired him to try harder.

Lewis and Ashton... you did what was required of you during an era of the draft, and not everyone did answer that call. We as a nation owe our vets. But also, vets owe vets; and I think Pete would appreciate me thanking you, not only for your service, but for the investment you have made in his little girl's future.

Jim... my friend from home and a retired Navy helicopter pilot, and Jeff (also a helo pilot) and reservist Navy doctor Marcia were all part of our family's own "special forces unit," helping us after Pete died.

I am not going to keep naming names at this time, because I am realizing that to do so is like education (the more you learn, the less you know)... the more I try to thank every veteran I know, the more I realize I am leaving out. But here I make

AN INVITATION:

to others who come here and read this... NAME THE VETERANS YOU THANK... and if you care to, why... please.