News and Discussions

Most of us have lost touch with our classmates during the past two decades and this forum is a place to reminisce, catch up and discuss anything that you would like. Although most of us cannot visit each other in person easily, we can still keep in touch.

News and Discussions
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: When was the last time you were in Snyder?

Last time in Snyder was for my 37th birthday. Guess it doesn't matter how old I am because all of you are just as old. Completely embarrassed by Mr. and Mrs. Carter at The Shack. Mr. Carter came to our table and gave a speech about me right in the middle of the lunch crowd. I wanted to crawl underneath the table, but he wouldn't let me. He had them light the candles on my cake and sing happy birthday. Fortunately, Stephen Gressett's mother showed up and had to take some of the heat as we share the same birthday. It was fun seeing so many faces I hadn't seen in almost 20 years.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I was thinking recently about the last time that I drove through Snyder, and I realized that it was at least six years ago. Since I live in the Dallas area, it's hard to get any news about the old hometown. At least the Snyder Daily News is on the web, but it only posts a small number of stories. I would love to hear about any news and current events.

Re: Re: When was the last time you were in Snyder?

If I'd learn how to use this thing, it wouldn't come up anonymous. Embarrassment and all, that particular birthday is one I probably will not forget.

Replying to:

Last time in Snyder was for my 37th birthday. Guess it doesn't matter how old I am because all of you are just as old. Completely embarrassed by Mr. and Mrs. Carter at The Shack. Mr. Carter came to our table and gave a speech about me right in the middle of the lunch crowd. I wanted to crawl underneath the table, but he wouldn't let me. He had them light the candles on my cake and sing happy birthday. Fortunately, Stephen Gressett's mother showed up and had to take some of the heat as we share the same birthday. It was fun seeing so many faces I hadn't seen in almost 20 years.

Replying to:

I was thinking recently about the last time that I drove through Snyder, and I realized that it was at least six years ago. Since I live in the Dallas area, it's hard to get any news about the old hometown. At least the Snyder Daily News is on the web, but it only posts a small number of stories. I would love to hear about any news and current events.