News and Discussions

Most of us have lost touch with our classmates during the past two decades and this forum is a place to reminisce, catch up and discuss anything that you would like. Although most of us cannot visit each other in person easily, we can still keep in touch.

News and Discussions
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: When was the last time you were in Snyder?

Last time in Snyder was for my 37th birthday. Guess it doesn't matter how old I am because all of you are just as old. Completely embarrassed by Mr. and Mrs. Carter at The Shack. Mr. Carter came to our table and gave a speech about me right in the middle of the lunch crowd. I wanted to crawl underneath the table, but he wouldn't let me. He had them light the candles on my cake and sing happy birthday. Fortunately, Stephen Gressett's mother showed up and had to take some of the heat as we share the same birthday. It was fun seeing so many faces I hadn't seen in almost 20 years.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I was thinking recently about the last time that I drove through Snyder, and I realized that it was at least six years ago. Since I live in the Dallas area, it's hard to get any news about the old hometown. At least the Snyder Daily News is on the web, but it only posts a small number of stories. I would love to hear about any news and current events.

Re: Re: When was the last time you were in Snyder?

If I'd learn how to use this thing, it wouldn't come up anonymous. Embarrassment and all, that particular birthday is one I probably will not forget.

Replying to:

Last time in Snyder was for my 37th birthday. Guess it doesn't matter how old I am because all of you are just as old. Completely embarrassed by Mr. and Mrs. Carter at The Shack. Mr. Carter came to our table and gave a speech about me right in the middle of the lunch crowd. I wanted to crawl underneath the table, but he wouldn't let me. He had them light the candles on my cake and sing happy birthday. Fortunately, Stephen Gressett's mother showed up and had to take some of the heat as we share the same birthday. It was fun seeing so many faces I hadn't seen in almost 20 years.

Replying to:

I was thinking recently about the last time that I drove through Snyder, and I realized that it was at least six years ago. Since I live in the Dallas area, it's hard to get any news about the old hometown. At least the Snyder Daily News is on the web, but it only posts a small number of stories. I would love to hear about any news and current events.

Re: When was the last time you were in Snyder?

Hello friends! Well, I guess you could say I really never left Snyder, only briefly, only three times. Anyway, just a short note to say that this ole town hasnt changed much!!!!! The teenagers still make the drag,the sonic still the hang out. The Snyder High band members are still secretly crazee (some of the secrets i know about our former band members make even me blush!) Friends life flies by so quickly and none of us are promised tomorrow. Make every moment count, hug your kids, reach out to someone in need, call your parents, tell them you love them, contact an old friend, and yes do take time to smell the flowers so to speak, slow down .... enjoy life. I guess I kinda got awat from the subject. take care I am looking forward to reuniting with you all.. take care and God bless! Cant believe it has been 20 years, amazing!

Replying to:

Re: Re: When was the last time you were in Snyder?

Well, I have not been back to Snyder since I left in February 1981; however, I did come back to Texas. (That's probably not good enough, since I made a promise to come back on my last day at school ) Anyway, in July 1981 our family traveled to Port Aransas for a week of vacation. We went one day over to Nuevo Laredo to shop. I tried deep sea fishing, and I discovered it was not my cup of tea. Hello, Bonine! I can fly in a plane, and climb mountains OK, but the motion sickness gets me in the ocean! Oh well. My family met up with Wayne Denson (the owner of Scurry CB sales) and family as well as Donna Cole's family (her mother worked for my dad in Snyder). This was not a small trip from Laurel, Mississippi (Houston is 8 hours from Laurel, then I guess 2-3 hours to Corpus). We had a good time. I do intend to make good on my promise to return to Snyder, in Summer 2002. See you then!

Replying to:

Hello friends! Well, I guess you could say I really never left Snyder, only briefly, only three times. Anyway, just a short note to say that this ole town hasnt changed much!!!!! The teenagers still make the drag,the sonic still the hang out. The Snyder High band members are still secretly crazee (some of the secrets i know about our former band members make even me blush!) Friends life flies by so quickly and none of us are promised tomorrow. Make every moment count, hug your kids, reach out to someone in need, call your parents, tell them you love them, contact an old friend, and yes do take time to smell the flowers so to speak, slow down .... enjoy life. I guess I kinda got awat from the subject. take care I am looking forward to reuniting with you all.. take care and God bless! Cant believe it has been 20 years, amazing!

Replying to: