Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum

Welcome! We hope this forum will turn into a wonderful place to exchange information about our favorite companions - golden retrievers! If at any time you have questions regarding this forum please drop me an email at bward5@mac.com I will respond as quickly as I can. Enjoy!!! Bill

Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Cold

Your brother-in-law is lucky he is still alive. We had three people freeze to death here because of that storm.

As for wild deer, someday I hope to retire to a country home, where I can see lots of wildlife. Even here in Regina we have little rabbits who hang around the neighbourhood. My mother puts carrots out for one big guy and he always comes around.

Re: Re: Re: Cold

Carol sat up and waited for him to call . . . looked brutal there. We didn't get much snow at all, just the cold part.

It's warmer today . . . I'm going for a run along the river in a few hours.

Sit with Keeper for a while and watch the deer or elk go by . . . .

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Re: Cold

Thank God for a goood ending!!!

Wow, Kathy, and I thought our -6 real temperature was nippy! Wonderful story about Vern and Buck...I love those interspecies interactions. Try to stay warm! Does your pup wear booties in those temps????

She has booties but we haven't used them yet. I would need to be out there walking with her, and I am afraid I prefer to be inside when it is like this. We will need to go out for a walk today as it has been 2 whole days. It is only -30 this morning, so, much better.

Brrrr!!! It was -5º F this morning here in Colorado when we got up. All 8 paws are in their Polar Paw booties, just to go out for a quick morning pee. They'll probobly be on all day today. We may get out for a short stroll later. Kathy is that -30º F or C ? Either way it is too cold to even contemplate. Stay warm........

It is -30 C. What does that translate into? I can't remember Fahrenheit (is that how it is spelled?. Anyway, not too cold out today. The last couple of days were something else.

Just an aside, my brother Gary who just died, was a drummer, and he adored jazz, and tomorrow they are having a jam session with his musician friends in Lumsden. This is totally non-dog related, but I wanted to brag and mourn at the same time. Sorry.

Sending sympathy

Kathy-

I am sending my sympathy to you on the death of your brother, but I am sure that his friends know how to remember him in an appropriate manner. I hope that you will go and have a good time.

Regards,

PJ

ps -30 Celsius would be -22 Fahrenheit. An interesting fact is that -40 Celsius is equal to -40 Fahrenheit (pretty cold in anyone's temperature log!)

Re: Sending sympathy

You are right. Thank God for animals, especially Mindy. This mourning business is for the birds.