Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum

Welcome! We hope this forum will turn into a wonderful place to exchange information about our favorite companions - golden retrievers! If at any time you have questions regarding this forum please drop me an email at bward5@mac.com I will respond as quickly as I can. Enjoy!!! Bill

Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Sunday Social - Personalities

Enjoy reading about other people's goldens. Our first-born golden, Michelob, sounds a lot like Trapper. He was laid back but so mischievous. He was our first golden and we got him as an 8-week old puppy. Michelob was seriously toy and ball oriented. He had to bring us at least two toys in his mouth when we got home. He was also very smart. Our other goldens since then, not so much, but they are so cute! Genesee was so sweet and a cuddler. She could nap all day with you when you were sick. Spring was very food motivated. We got her as a rescue. She was a counter surfer extraordinaire!

We recently lost Stormy. He was 13 and my son's 9th birthday gift. Stormy was a "talker" and had to "roo-roo" about everything, even when he had a toy in his mouth. But he was not at all a "retriever" and could have cared less about tennis balls. Very laid back, worshipped our son, and he loved nothing more than sunning himself in the back yard on a spring day.

Buddy is now 13. We got him 10 years ago as a rescue. Buddy and our son bonded immediately. It was honestly love at first sight. Buddy is really mourning the loss of his friend Stormy. So it is hard right now. Before this, Buddy was our always happy golden with a smile on his face and tail wagging. He is a spinner, so when he sees you in the morning he spins in circles. When you ask him if he has to go outside, he spins if yes. Buddy does not bark, has only barked a handful of times since he came to his forever home. He is sweet and loving always and lights up whenever our son is around. He is very happy to have Chris living back home after college, but is sad whenever Chris leaves for work!

We have loved all of our goldens and will continue to have them for the rest of our lives.