Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: WHAT IS the best 2010 strelets' set

Dear Ironside

I think Valdemar use 1:1 master to production model scaling and they are superb. The spetznaz masters and others by Alex (sculpts for Valdemar) on Benno's forum are certainly 1:1 as there is a mm rule and a plastic figure next to them. Lots of photos of his work on

http://photofile.ru/users/alex-san/3110308/?page=1

in Russian but easy to follow and the masters are often with a small Russian coin to give the scale size.

The first pic shows his attitude to scaling which I can't fault.

Some of Strelets sculpting is good but there seems to be a lack of discrimination or quality control as the very good and very bad often get mixed in the same set or the same series.

( I cited the RTW Winter Russians as these IMHO look smaller and more slender than some of the recent sets. In fact I have one in front of me next to a new Zvezda WWI German and they look fine together in terms of scale and proportions. Some of the Bashis have very nice detail but lack posterior bulk. I intend to get more of both these sets. The RTW Winter Turks also look good though I haven't got them yet.)

David