Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: court of peter the great

looking at the pics it struck me that people might get these to use as 3 musketeer-type games.

Exactly,
I was going to say looks like "Court of Louis XIV" to me although "The 3 Musketeers" actually fought in Louis XIII's army.

Bob

Not my period but I love this set - reminds me of Medieval Britain. I agree there should be more women, great for dioramas and provding those quirky little vignettes that you sometimes find on wargames tables (My dark age armies have priests and priestesses having a quiet sacrifice or a prattling Christian priest hanging around somewhere, just to ensure success on the battlefield and one of my mates has a string quartet to provide a little light relief for his horse and musket army). Bit late for musketeers but pirates and smugglers - ponies in the night, damsels in distress being rescued by brave young squires is what springs to my mind when I look at these!

Here's the court... but where's the army? I mean, the basic russian infantry we are waiting since 2003, you know... to fight those swedes painted 6 years ago and still gathering dust on the shelve...

For those in the UK over a certain age, the immediate response to the first row of figures is "Rubovia!!!"
Where's Pongo the dragon?

Never mind the dragon, where's the rest of the pongos?

these are nice and what fun

How about a set from the Realm of Bendovia?

J'adoooore.... I love them.
These can be used for about any European Nation. My dream is to have figures for battles during the rein of Louis XIV.
In those days battles seemed to be visited quite often by the noble and the rich. No TV, no amusement parcs, they must have appreciated the thrill and the action scenes. Better than today's special effects.
The poor came later for the clean-up.

Very inspiring figures. Please add more of that. Anything you like but with same sculpting quality - the poor, the servants, more army. I need fusiliers with early type tricorns or its predessor, an unfolded round hat.

Inspiring, can we see them as a sepearate set please.

Re: court of Rubovia

Dear all

For the those mystified by references to Rubovia see:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9XHQE7satc

A striking resemblance and too much of a coincidence.

They also remind of the Phoenix white metal figures(54mm ?)

I also echo Fire at Will and think they should be in an attractive and elegant box entirely by themselves.

David

Re: court of Rubovia

okay where can i get a sedan chair for the figures and voitures.this set is teh hot property .A sculptor with a sense of teh humor, most welcome.