Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: artillery

Here here Professori, yes there were more turks involved than French,brittish,sardinians put together .Oh 100 and spanish contingent 1853(incorporated under the french with general Prim).

ah french command set ,i am thinking unity to light inf,zouaves and french line.definitely a band would merge all three types together with afro-arabesque costume influence present since napoleonique times.

Okay i am asking for French turkish and british and russian bands on top of artillery.I am to confess greedy selfish for wanting.So integral a part of colonial era.wargaming always a bonus for band presence morale fatcor.especially when sets are mini derived it takes away from large serried ranks of the same.

bands

Dear Hank

I beetle on about comfort zones below.
Military bands are very attractive but they are not in the one standing firing, one kneeling firing etc... convention for 1/72nd scale figures. Preiser do some stunning modern bandsmen/women in HO scale and 1/35th scale.
24 standing and 24 marching equals 48 figures and a sizeable band would be 2 or 3 sets not too many bass drummers or drum majors or glockenspiel players per set hopefully. Great for dioramas, displays and Britains were doing them a million or a thousand years ago and still do them and they are collected in their millions.

keep banging the drum

David

Hi Hank,

I haven't heard about the Spanish troops before. Do you have some more informations on them?

Shipka Pass - it seems the DVDs worked

cheers
Uwe

hi Uwe, yes i have only scraps of information, recording their presence.Also one sketch illustration of the General which was publiushed in the newspaper 1853.(these newspapers are goldmine of information) I send you email.

Official Kalafat 5 countdown 2 day to completion.It is looking exciting to me.

BTW Kalafat grande finale(6) is also complete(1200 rouskies s-r infantry are ready for camera) just need more scenic work to make this authentic.basically all kalafaTs on one diodrama.

Re: To Strelets Crimean war

One idea,one grappe with one officer, one with one drummer, one with standard bearer and for the last strelets figure.
A coeur vaillant rien d'impossible!!!!
And please, please, please ARTILLRY!!!
VOILA.
RD