Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: dacian and roman

i guess now people will understsnd why alot of us are loyal to strelets.

tom

Re: dacian and roman

It is too east to critisize the sculptor and coingratulate Strelets, but it is Strelets, not the sculptor who sold us those low/quality sets.

I paid for them, and now I realize they are retooling both sets. I do not like that , i feel myself a little cheated, why did they not retool from the beginning?

Now i am suppossed to buy the new sets, but i think i should not.

Re: dacian and roman for exchange, carlos

Dear Carlos, the existing sets are not that bad. To my surprise, judging from the bad press they've got, apparently they sell quite well. Couldn't get hold but of the lights. I am also in no hurry to get them, so if it suits you, you can post them on ebay whenever you wish. Just let me know when you would do this via email, and I will bid on both of them, assuming you put a fair price, also allowing you to purchase with the sale the future retooled sets. Who knows, you might even get more bids than mine. How's that for a useful forum, thanks Strelets?

Regards,
Radu

Regards,
Radu

right and wrong, vox populi, caveat emptor

Dear Carlos

Strelets by announcing they were going to retool and resculpt the Dacian sets effectively may have killed off any sales of the original sets. On the other hand on the basis of this forum and not PSR some people were satisfied with the original sets and they were selling reasonably well. Mixing and matching LW, HaT and Strelets figures may have produced something tolerable.

I don't know the details but I am sure Strelets would have wanted to retool and resculpt from the beginning or certainly at an early stage to recoup their losses or to make sure the product did not get distributed. Sometimes things go wrong.

Early feedback was "awesome" and so on. If you search "Dacians" on this forum you will see a lot of people made positive comments about the "Light" masters. The production examples even had their defenders. It was not just Strelets that was behind the momentum of,to my mind, these poor sets.

I do think though that Strelets ought to put some message on the Strelets current releases web page to the effect that the Dacian sets are being re-sculpted and retooled. It may be that some people may still want to buy the originals but most people not up to date on the saga will benefit from this.

vox populi

caveat emptor

David

Dacian Heavies

The new masters look great, but PLEASE Strelets, why do your sculptors persist in showing sword scabbards slung at the front? Perhaps they should be sent out with a re-enactment group, to see how they enjoy running around with a heavy weapon bouncing against their, er, groin, when they're not tripping over it...
Best wishes anyway.

dangly bits

Dear Mike B

Sounds like a good test for those who think wearing them on the side is not cool.

David

Dacians

Having been a critic of the first sets I'll now have to eat crow 'cause
these new guys show good potential.

Kudos to Strelets for setting everything straight!

I will be buying these guys (although the point about the sword
scabbard knocking up against the balls is well taken!)