Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Strelets Jacobite sets 1&2 - sprue observations

I'm pretty sure its redbox. Although I like the poses, the sculpting wasn't so impressive at first look. So I zoomed on this pictures a bit and after second look at them, I think these figures aren't that bad at all...OK some strange firing poses in set 1 and some figures looking better than others, but the set 2 is becoming more and more appealing...I hope we are going to see some opponents fot them.

PS

Would some of these work for the F&IW?

Re: The Strelets Jacobite sets 1&2 - another 2pworth

Dear all
The poses seem to come in the main from Osprey's Highland Clansmen including the Penicuik artist's work in black and white - not a bad thing on the whole.
The figures look well posed but if the flash is like some from the companies I have mentioned then this will be a backward step for Strelets. If nicely sculpted figures come out looking like a Medardo Rosso* impressionist sculpture then that seems a shame when the technical side should not be a problem. I don't know what the arguments are for not having runners the size of Strelets "tree trunks" but if they work well why change them?

David

*Medardo Rosso - I admire his sculpture but not for 1/72nd scale figures see:

Gli Innamorati sotto al lampione

Re: The Strelets Jacobite sets 1&2 - another 2pworth

Maybe this are just test sprues...well Strelets, any comments?