Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 099 & M007 Romans

Both excellent dioramas well done, these activities doughtless made up most of a soldiers life...

Cheers

Bravo stephan , lovely composition.you should be iin movie business with an obseravtive art eye you have.

That’s an interesting observation: I love movies, especially historical ones!

When Hollywood does the next time something like “Gladiator“, I’ll be there – I know beforehand that the story will be complete nonsense, but it is always nice to have the visual impression of ancient buildings, palaces, cities etc. The atmosphere in the Coliseum was captured very well in Gladiator (although the fighting techniques had no relation to real gladiator fights).

Well, this weekend I will watch the new Star Trek piece, also some kind of “ancient history”.

Hi Stephan if my ex wife can win teh oscar then so could you.You be surprise what a few nomination can do.keep up you good work,

Hi Hank,

thanks for your encouragement!

To be honest, I don’t expect to ever get the Oscar – but perhaps I live long enough to see some other things happen, such as the completion of the HäT Late Roman range. Or perhaps the release of the Byzantines from Caesar. Or … Well, patience is the most important qualification for a figure collector, it seems.

Best regards
Stephan

Stephan, the bridge you have used looks like it is made from cork material, and a hellava good bridge it is too. Your diorama has inspired me to complete a bridge section I started late last year using Zvezda kits. I will use cork to complete it.

cheers Mike McA

Hi Mike,

the bridge is a ceramic cast from Kai Fuhrmann, if you want to take a further look:
http://fuhrmann-figuren.de/porcelin/bruecke.htm

I have no expercience with cork at all, so if you have some finished buildings, I'd be curious to see the results.

I remember that I have seen in a museum some cork models of Greek temples, the models were some 200 years old and quite impressive - about 1:10 or 1:20 scale.

Best regards
Stephan

Thanks for the reply Stephan, I have some houses made from cork, but old photos of when they were being made.
Will post the painted ones soon, hopefully with some medieval or Napoleonic figures.
cheers Mike McA