Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
New French Cuirassiers

I've just seen the images of these on PSR.

THEY STINK!

And that's just about par-for-the-course with Strelets' output.

Their figures are ugly, mis-shapen and too small!

Re: New French Cuirassiers

Only stink around here is you loser, you who got kicked out of teh hat forum time and again. Go pound sand you dog breath.

Re: Re: New French Cuirassiers

Steady on Hank.
We know that the Cuirassiers are very good indeed.
We can ignore people who suggest that they are any thing but good. I think the Curassiers should have rated an 8. The ones in the Borodino set deserved a 9.

Next thing you know 'he' will criticise the Turks.
(I've rated my Turks as 10.)
Yes, I think we should just ignore him.

Re: Re: Re: New French Cuirassiers

Well, he has a point about the flag, at least.

Said it before, I'll say it again; flags should be a separate item with a printed paper design.

Re: Re: Re: Re: New French Cuirassiers

I like fixed flag as it is good anchor for a paper one. Use it to advantage is clever. the figures cuirassieurs are par excellence.So get used to it.
I have

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New French Cuirassiers

Sorry, but they are very ugly!.

Read what said PSR!.

And the flag is usefull!.

My opinion.

Regards

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New French Cuirassiers

S*R sure gave the 1/72 world a wide range of Cuirassieurs. I like them, besides, they always look better in hand than in a scan.

I also like flags in the Cavalry sets, but I've got a few comments about them. If a flag is included, then ...

1. Make it flat and put any tassels above it so a paper flag can be glued to it, or

2. If it's going to have tassels on the face of it, finish the rest of the design also, and

3. Don't wrap the flag around the pole, because it can't easily be cut off and a paper flag added by the customer, and

4. If it's a battle-worn flag, finish all the details also, and/or

5. I'd rather not have a flag all wrapped/messy around the pole, unless it is in it's case or furled, and besides

6. If the customer doesn't want a flag, S*R's hands are usually round enough for the customer to cut off the flag pole, and use a pin vise drill to put a small hole in it and add a sabre or other weapon. S*R's excellent plastic makes this easy (in this case, he gives the wargamers another standard figure in a uniformed advancing pose before battle).

In summary, a simple, perfectly flat flag, no wrapping around the pole, and any tassels above the flag might be most useful for the greater number of customer uses.

Anyone can feel free to disagree with me or add more thoughts on this one. I always convert what I want anyway, and for me, more is better, but keep it simple as possible.

Happy Collecting!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New French Cuirassiers

SALIM /armand from argentina thats funny dude,you ip address is glowing liek a ba boons but.. we wont mention it...chuckel

armand thats no way to walk into a room , with your but exposed

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New French Cuirassiers

Armand is making me laugh...

Re: New French Cuirassiers: welcome here

You're entitled to your opinion of course, Robin.
I must disagree & as we are really talking about taste, there is room for such diametrically opposed viewpoints.
I have the other Strelets' cuirassier sets. They make up a brigade and a half of cuirassiers for me so this new set will complete the division.
And how lucky am I in getting 4 sets of French cuirassiers all in different poses for this unit?
At any rate, I think they paint-up nicely and the chunky look suits heavy cavalry. I'll have to think what to do with the stuffed-up flag (I know its not historical but my wargames' rules require flags): probably cut it off & scratch-build another.
donald

Re: New French Cuirassiers

"Ugly, mis-shapen and too small"

These were the very same words my ex-wife used to describe a most important (to me anyway) part of my anatomy on our wedding night.

Perhaps I should refer to my 'old chap' as a Cuirassier.

Re: Re: New French Cuirassiers

Alan, I thought Cuirassiers were big and hard with a shiny helmet. You may have to think of another name for your'old chap' dude!

Re: Re: Re: New French Cuirassiers

How about "Gurkha"? They're comparatively small, but they tend to get the job done pretty effectively.

Re: Re: Re: Re: New French Cuirassiers

ian how about a sphinx ...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New French Cuirassiers

Whatever it takes to float your boat, Hank.

Okay you asked for it, i tell you

Turkish Artillery and Cavalry in their own boxes .

If brittish grenadiers in summer and winter dress and riflemen get releasd as mini sets why cant turks.?Not that i need any mor Infantry but...is like malice ?
But then again like evrything else is only money.And i still got what i wanted.