Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Malakoff 1855

Hi Taran

very glad for your interest. Personally, I feel still in a learning process. I am quite satisfied with my painting - not so good as other atists, but good enough, well, to create a feel of the uniforms and a good overall impression when massed. There are many discussions on quality of Strelets figures - proportions mainly. I feel very pertinent. However, the big plus of little Streltsis are their faces - very varied and very expressive. The english faces look English, Russian,French all very characteristic.

Now I try more dios temporary ones - here the challenge is to get a good photogenic disposition. I found this is another new skill. I start really appreciating the work of Juan Carlos.

Some of your questions on the dio
- colours are simple paste acrylic and natural colours, such as different clays (not Garrison Clay, he is not French and therefore too big ;-). I've also found that different coloured barks, finely grond, make excellent earth
- base and forteress in styroform

Re: Re: Re: Re: Malakoff 1855

Hey Michael Robert,

"(not Garrison Clay, he is ... too big ;-)"

Watch what you say, "I 'resemble' that remark!" :-)

If I spent less time at my desk enjoying hobby conversions, and snacking all the while, and more time on a green field or running or riding as in my youth, I should be a handsome young Trooper, again.

Cheers to clean humour!