Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: M031 - RKKA Infantry 1939-41 masters up

Can't help but feel disappointed. I know they represent the RKKA at a very particular time but I just feel that there are far more interesting sets to make as there are already quite large number of WWII Russians. Don't get me wrong, they look like a nice set, I particularly like the officer but they don't excite me. I appreciate other people may feel entirely otherwise and I hope the set is successful but frankly I would much preferred to have seen something more unusual eg something for the Russian Civil War - partisans, officer cadets or Kronstadt sailors or still on the WWII theme a speciality set - snipers, NKVD troops, dog anti-tank teams, shtraf battalions or opolchenie units - the last would be awesome (Oh God! I sound like an American!) as they could be used for Leningrad, Stalingrad or Moscow. All in all, a wasted opportunity to me.

Re: Re: Re: M031 - RKKA Infantry 1939-41 masters up

I agree, there are a lot of wwII sets, and these figures do not look atractive, only few wears helmets/and they do not seem to be accurate/It would be much more interesting to see RCW figures or russo- turkish war....

Re: Re: Re: M031 - RKKA Infantry 1939-41 masters up

Nice poses and sculpting! (the man about to trow a granate doesn't look right however) The crouching pose is my favourite.
I agree with Graham, but I think a good set of early ww2 russians was due. Strelets could however exploit the RCW period and ww2 partisans later.

Cheers,

Christiaan

Re: Re: Re: Re: M031 - RKKA Infantry 1939-41 masters up

I think the poses are not in tune with the uniforms.
there is an imbalance with them that does not make them look like a unit.i agree with jerzy,

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: M031 - RKKA Infantry 1939-41 masters up

Dear All

Some of the figures are OK and often the photos flatter or hide the stronger aspects of the figures.

The Pegasus test shots of figures with the pilotka in summer uniform could have been used as a basis to develop some poses that do not duplicate these. For example none of the Pegasus ones are in an anti aircraft or anti tank pose or carrying mags* for the machine gun and so on. The standing machine gunner seems to be an obligatory pose and the DP looks too small and Italeri's is far too big, Pegasus's looks OK (Goldilocks analysis).
If the helmet heads are good then this could be a strong feature of the set. The bottom row crouching figure particularly looks useful. I just can't tell from the photos though.

David

* a khaki painted metal container which could carry two or three? mags with a webbing short strap a bit like a closed "n" shape.

Re: M031 - RKKA Infantry 1939-41 masters up

I'm with Graham, I've plenty of WW2 Russians and would have prefereed earlier RKKA figures, especially suitable for RCW.

I like them

They are at the very least, on par with current production. Perhaps these will be the start of a new line, with other related sets, much like the Crusader line? On that note, I think all of the aforementioned valid concerns, ought to be dealt with in subsequent sets

My preference would be to have a set all in helmets (1943ish) and another one all in soft caps (1941ish). But this is a good start.

There are also great coated and/or winter troops and other specialty sets already mentioned. Not the least of which would be Cavalry, Command and artillery sets.

Yes there are a few sets on the market with this theme, but unlike the real WWII, I expect it will be along time before the Soviet Union Outnumbers the Third Reich in small scale plastic.

Re: I like them too

I like them too. Hopefully this will be the start of a WWII line for STrelets, particularly with Eastern Front themes. Even with Pegasus and all the others, as mentioned above there are still so many other interesting Soviet WWII troops sets that could be produced, let alone other countries sets. Keep up the good work Strelets!

Re: Re: I like them too

a mini set of ww2 soviet scouts in those nice camo suits would be nice too!

Cheers,

Christiaan