Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
From Narva to Poltava

is it possible that strelets will make some civillian camp followers in that box. In swedish army there were lots of camp followers. PLEASE STRELETS WE NEED 18TH century civillians

Re: From Narva to Poltava

Talking about camp followers, the most famous in our (British) history are the people who came up behind the army of Queen Boadicea and clogged the battlefield, allowing the Romans with a much smaller force, to crush the Britons against their own families/baggage train.

As Strelets*R are quite big in 'Ancients' and have brought out/are bringing out all sorts of before and after battle sets, how about...

A nice generic set of German0-Celto-Briton civilians and baggage wagons/carts/animals????

Go on, you know you want to!!!

I remember reading a long time ago on this forum, I think. (could have been some place else) That the reason companies don't make civilian sets is that they just don't sell well. In the present economic climate I don't see too many companies taken a chance with sets that they don't believe will sell.

I know but it can't heart to ask!

Re: Re: From Narva to Poltava

If they have a theme or come with other things they can do okay. Pegasus California Mission Indians, Pegasus Farm Animals, Pegasus California Gold Miners, Imex Pilgrims, Imex Eastern Friendly Indians all these sets work because they are a theme and not just 18th Century, 19th Century Civilians.

As part of a Queen Bodicia set with perhaps a wagon, or animals, or "Command Group" or accessories then you may have a set with the extra play value that most groups of men, women, children standing on the corner doing nothing would lack.

The Strelets Medieval Britain has many civilians for example.

sell well

Dear Hugh and Noel and ....

Camp followers is a great idea and well suited to Strelets sculpting style.
What sells well is anybody's guess but doing what you do well seems a better policy. I just wish my bank had followed that course.

David

I was thinking less about standing around, more sort of wailing, flailing and having their limbs torn off!

when i started this tread i was thinking that we havea already 2 king charles XII , we have lutherian priest , so what we need is 2-3 female camp followers 1-2 pesant women , and 1 aristocrat ( becuase it was widely known that officers wives together with their man on campaign.

... - More normally; their mistresses!!