Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Crimean Turks -

i am so impatient i went and irdered another 6 BOXES at hannants. I am here in rain all week. i will have 10 enroute with only 14 to get.i do not yet know shipping so is a blank check no ?
i hope they arrive soon is wet weather and good for [painting in 8-10 more weeks will be almost too hot to paint.so is a race for me to get the boxes asap .main colors done and detail do later.At least my artillery and baggage column are ready to go.cavalry

i think of using kuban cossack for turk irregular cossack/ what you think.?

murat--- what is the turk left of drummer doing

heliographing
drinking arabic tea
reading despatch
declaring war on australia ......

Re: murat--- what is the turk left of drummer doing

hi hank

got the "Thing Red Line" box the other day ("Thing" is what was printed on my box!!!), love the Turks in particular the officers etc sprue, great figures, you'll be delighted when you get them
well done Strelets, also got the new Napoleonic sets too, i'm in plastic heaven
cheers old john

to Hank and Old John

Hello Hank
My Brother has a tip on painting in a hot climate.
He used to paint model figures for sale.
When the weather was so hot he used to sit in front of the refrigerator with the door open. His models, paints brushes and solvents were on the shelves inside the fridge and of course with the door open the fridge light would be on. The cool air from the fridge kept him cool as well.
Hello Old John. The figure you ask about is one of my favourites. He has a saucer in his left hand and a cup in his right. The cup looks a little large for coffee so I suspect it is for apple tea. (I enjoyed both when I was in Istanbul last November.)
He is sporting a superb moustache, has epaulets a sword in scabbard with two ornmental tassels.
I will be using him in my Khartoum diarama.
Regards
Murat

Re: to Hank and Old John

Sorry it was Hank who asked about the chap next to the drummer. So Frank please read my comments to Old John in the previous posting.
p.s. if you take Taran's advice about the fridge don't sue me if you get frost-bite.
Best wishes
M

Re: Re: to Hank and Old John

No problem Mr Murat , you would not be able to tell us apart except that i am teh quiet one. Well okay i think out loud chuckel,

My Head sinks , no Hemaphore, cup of tea.Kadikoi has tea plantation as did teh gorge in river Alma i believe terraced. Mmh i am intrigue.

Okay i am clear, thats 20 lash of Kourbashi for the sculptor.He play a game ,no sugar either give him 40.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Crimean Turks - and whorah forum work

hi

All I asked was, "why not 200 turks in one big box?"

Thnaks
FIRAT

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Crimean Turks - and whorah forum work

Hello Firat
I suspect that Strelets do not believe that the Crimean Turks will sell well on their own.
I often find, especially amongst British people, if you mention the Turks at Balaclava, they ask "Were the Turks at Balaclava?"
Contemporary British Newspapers not only played down the role played by the Turks but actually went as far as making them out to be cowards.
The 'Thin Red Streak, tipped with steel' (the original quote which has been corrupted into the 'Thin Red Line') is a misrepresentation. I am not suggesting that the Highlanders were not heroes. I am only saying that there was more blue than red in that thin line. The turks that joined that line were those who had been driven back from the redoubts by overwhelming number of Russians.
They had already been fighting for several hours before the British Staff had even got up for breakfast.
What is needed here is a good film of the battles at Balaclava showing the contribution of the Turks and the Chassuers d'Afrique as well.
Meanwhile, A few of us hope to prove Strelets wrong. Especially Hank who has half the production on order already, bless him.
Regards
M

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Crimean Turks - and whorah forum work

Murat

You are right about the British attitude, but Strelets is not British, its Russian. I wonder if the Russians are equally guilty of misrepresenting or forgetting the Turks?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Crimean Turks - and whorah forum work

Hi Jon,

this is a good point. The Russians fought the Turkish in 1853/54 and then the siege of Kars and Eupatoria.
I would even go so far to say they fought more Turks than British in this war.

Maybe Strelets will change his mind and after selling enough big boxes to get rid of the other CW-figures we can see sets of Turks appear on the market?

BTW, I can always use the Hussars and the Russian infantry. The Highlanders are a little bit limited, but with a paint-conversion they are useful for the Indian mutiny and with a sharp knife they could be converted in everything from the Highlands between 1800 and 1900.

cheers
uwe

Re: Crimean Turks

my 2 boxes of turks arriwed today . They are superb please strelets make more turkish infantry, artilery and cavalry.

Russo-Turkish Wars

Russo-Turkish War (1568–1570)
Russo-Crimean Wars
Russo-Crimean War (1571)
Russo-Turkish War (1676–1681)
Russo-Turkish War (1686–1700)
Russo-Turkish War (1710–1711)
Russo-Turkish War (1735–1739)
Russo-Turkish War (1768–1774)
Russo-Turkish War (1787–1792)
Russo-Turkish War (1806–1812)
Russo-Turkish War (1828–1829)
Russo-Turkish War (1853–1856) (Crimean War)
Russo-Turkish War (1877–1878)
Russo-Turkish War (1914–1917) (World War I)
Soviet–Turkish War (1917–1918) (part of the Russian Civil War)

So here you are strelets can you cover all of them PLEASE!!!

Re: Crimean Turks

...And then we can start on the Greek-Turkish wars?

Re: Re: Crimean Turks

Hold on a minute,
I've got them fighting the Fuzzy wuzzys at Khartoum.
Only until the Bashi-bazouks arrive.