Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
New Stuff

Visited the hobby shop today and picked up the new Italeri US Army Infantry. They are really nice, but they should have done a few more shooting poses. I hope the new anti-tank set will have some.

I also picked up the new Pegasus Farm Animals set. It has loads of animals in it, including oxen, chickens, goats, sheep, pigs and even a tiny little dove. Molded in rust colored plastic.

They also had the rocketship, UFO and War of the Worlds Martian War Machines at Brookhurst Hobbies today. I will have more photos on my blog over the next few days.

Mike "Bunkermeister" Creek
bunkermeister.blogspot.com

Re: New Stuff

What the heck are you going to wargame with that lot?

Re: Re: New Stuff

He probably knows something we don´t. Or he´s just being carefull.

Re: Re: Re: New Stuff

US Army, chickens and oxen versus the Martians?

That dog won't hunt Monsignor.

Re: New Stuff

And what the hell's a 'blog' anyway?

I swear they make these things up as they go along.

Re: Re: New Stuff

Shortened term for big Log.

Re: Re: Re: New Stuff

Then by extension there should also be a slog.

Out of curiosiyt, do you wargame or collect?

Re: Re: Re: Re: New Stuff

Both, basically just ancients, from alexander to constantine, so about 400BC to about 500AD. And you?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New Stuff

Years ago I worked for as a pattern-maker for a company that made 54mm toy-soldiers, but these days don't have the eyesight for it. Mostly I wargame world war two but soon to branch into Russian Civil War ispired by the Strelets Cossacks and repeated viewings of the 1956 production of 'Tikhiy Don'.

Years and years ago a British company did some 25mm Greek hoplites and Peltasts in polystyrene and had a nice Spartan Army. I keep meaning to get some Zvezda Greeks but haven't got round to it yet.

Re: New Stuff - Thanks Mike

Nice hobby update Mike! Sounds like you discovered something for everyone.

Looks like WWII collectors will have lots of new sets this year.

Larry at Pegasus seems to have put out some really nice sets specifically for California students to be able to make some neat school projects, such as native indians and Spanish missionaries scenes. I always enjoyed those little cardboard box dioramas classmates made. In fact our H.S. football team in the Bay Area was called the "Serra Padres." And they were anything but gentle. Lynn Swan (Steelers) and Tom Brady (Patriots) both graduated from there.

Cheers again!

Re: Re: New Stuff - Thanks Mike

The George Pal 1954 movie War of the Worlds had the Martian War Machine, US Army troops and some of the action took place on a farm. So that gets you most of the sets right there.

Use the Rockets for the Human counter attack on the Martian home world.

A blog is short for web log. It is a website that individuals use to post information on about any topic they choose. Mine is about miniature wargame items.

mars attacks

Dear Mike

I like the "Mars Attacks" Martians. I used to collect the Topps ACW cards but had only a few of the "Mars Attacks" ones. I am not sure whether they were influenced by the War of the Worlds film although they were more graphic. They were very much X rated material and I think they got banned in the UK. The gory ACW ones were always cited as leading to the moral decay of young minds so when the Martians came along the authorities were ready for them. Too late for my young mind. My Martian scenarios would have these big brained, skull like creatures chasing Marilyn Monroe look a likes around and vapourising pet dogs. I never did get the final cards so in my mind their Martian meanness met with great success.

David

Re: Re: Re: New Stuff - Thanks Mike

MC,
Speaking of War of the Worlds space ships/war machines, do you remember Johnny Quest? They had (I recall) a 3-legged outterspace war machine with a huge eye on top. Both my brother and I were in elementary school then and thought they were so cool and by the end of the school year, all of the inside text book covers of ours were small murals of War of the Worlds and Johnny Quest's war machines blasting each other.

Of course, we had German Messerschmidts, Flying Tigers and Spitfires in other books too!

And Custer, and the Alamo, and ...

O'B,
I took my wife to see Mars Attacks expecting a comedy. We were both surprised by the graphic gore and complex script throughout the whole thing!

Re: Re: Re: Re: New Stuff - Thanks Mike

Jonny Quest was great. I loved Dr. Zinn and his Robot Spy. The Quest hovercraft and submarines and weapons were all great.