Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Thin Red Line Box

Dear Hank

25th October 1854

0600 Russians open fire on No1 redoubt
0730 No1 redoubt falls
0745 Redoubts 2-4 abandoned
0900 Thin Red Line
0915 Charge of the Heavy Brigade
1100 Charge of the Light Brigade
1120 Charge of Light Brigade ends

All over before mid day. Setting up the figures for the Red Line would probably take a thousand times longer than the actual battle. Apart from the Turks in No 1 redoubt, a remarkable defence of one and a half hours, the other two battles were of short duration as well. Posterity tends to give a different slant on this. Inkerman (Nov 5 1854) is the real decisive battle and the British faced odds of five to one and won - a real thin line of red though most wore grey greatcoats. The Thin Red line when examined was not that thin and they in fact outnumbered the attacking cavalry when the scratch units, the Turks and British artillery are taken into consideration. Russian intelligence before the battle mentioned that there was a large contingent of Tunisians (Ottoman Empire) in the redoubts.

David

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Thin Red Line Box

I have also based today some B&B figures as tunisians.When i get my little diorama done .I will be able to start modifications.

Hopefully CW Turks will be in mini or s-r box also.I need 3 divisions 8 battalions each.100 figures per battalion i hope for 2 divisions ,so is still mystery days to go in this month.Also artillety conversions and cavalry converts.Is a pressure job. But beauty is ,when its done it will improve along teh structure lines i make now.

okay time to cut cocktail sticks and then super glue and mold some milliput .Day was 85 dwegree which was starting tp thickening paint.So must paint at night which is not great but cool enough .

Okay i hope to give you good laugh next week
have fun