Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: new crimean sets

Kert ,French/Turkish same artillery uniform and gun be good (2 for 1 ETC )but strelets do not produce much artillery .2-3 sets perhaps out of 100+.

but what of teh brittish jagers and gardes ?

Re: Re: new crimean sets

Hi Hank,

why do you think the Turkish and French artillery had the same uniform?

BTW, British in greatcoats could be useful. With a head-conversion you would have Union infantry in the ACW.

cheers
Uwe

Re: Re: Re: new crimean sets

I think the Turks modelled their uniforms on the French, so it could well be that both were about the same.

Re: Re: Re: Re: new crimean sets

the first Turk contingent was under French command .
turks were aloso using French system artillery 4 horses foot artillery 6 horses horse artillery.

Many of the Portes foreign Pashas(they call them mercenaries ) were using adopted muslim names ,need to research more for Artillery officers.(like Colonel Seves,servant of NAP I etc i sent you.)Seems most officers were speaking French as the common language, as was teh fashion.Many Russian Officers spoke French also.

http://soldier.atomicmartinis.com/contents.htm
Definiteely egyptiqan contingent under french system up to 1854 .Tunisian contingent french similarity of influence.Balkan Turks at Varna i am not so sure.

French red baggy pantolons similar to turkish pants as opposrd to drainpipes of british and russian

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: new crimean sets

Hank,

French was like English today - very common amongst all ruling elites. The Russian nobility spoke French. At my local library, there is a book on St Petersberg in the early 1900s. Most shops have either all French or part French signage.

Bon Jour, Francois

Re: Re: new crimean sets

Lets see what kert does with those chuckel