Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Where

Sorry Hank, where are these guys at?

Re: Where

I can only find the masters (see link below). Some of the sculptor's wax (?) is green and some is blue. The blue ones are new sculptings we havn't been shown before, I think. Anyway, Hank is right - they look great! Link:

http://www.strelets-r.com/SetsR/Set903/Master.html

Thanx

It us a nice set

Re: Has anyone seen other changes ?

Quite a surprise when i look qt the picture.The server was down for a few hours but forum was okay(a bit pale)for some reason but all is good being nosey i go seek and i am not sure how long they have been there.i hear nobody else notice but maybe they are spill overs by designers.nice as well and in same fashionB

Re: Re: Has anyone seen other changes ?

Wow i am still in shock from seeing now 48 turks ..that is a full strelets-r set perhaps.Maybe i am being too hopeful and i need to shut up.

I will buy 1200(1 turk division/ 8 battalions) to match cw russian infantry. another 300 for conversions to support soldiers etc.

but i imagine these turks will look great also fighting cossacks inf and horse. russians will have grenadier div and other inf div plus cossack div.

okay i am back doing my project .Have fun

Re: Re: Re: Has anyone seen other changes ?

Wow Hank, that will be quite the investment, if the the Turks are part of a Big Box set, you better find a second job...:-)

Great set though indeed and I'll be in for a Turkish plastic army myself.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Has anyone seen other changes ?

1200 figures That is only twenty five s-r(48) boxes.i lose count of russians as i doubled/trebled up many boxes when take off the sprues.The whole s-r cw russian army is super.An S-R field gun limber(HELMET CREW),3 horse caisson and little supply cart be a nice set.

I think zvezda russian nap 3 horse caissons are good for teh emhars cw artillery.As they were still being used in Russo Turk war 18 year later.wish we had balkan wicker and troika/carts in 1/72.(good for thru ww2)

it is nail biting but 065 box is still in waiting so the worry beads are wear thin.I think the s-r say command figures(Omar Pasha)in teh big set thin red line as well as turk set(maybe mini but why not all 48...i am greedy i am selfish i am unashamed i confess).4 thin red line sets only 200 turks...mmh

so hope s-r or mini set of turks will be out box 065.so let see what happens....what a long month it has been already.....

Re: Re: Re: Re: Has anyone seen other changes ?

Yes, Brother Hank appears to have "Done the Math" on this new set. All poses appear to be new ones. If true, we can all do a . I've been beating my head against a wall asking for a completely original Big Box Set. Welp, looks like I must say "Thank You" to the S*R Team. Anyway, I remain one of the usual Gang looking forward to this set soon.

Cheers to S*R and to for your excellent and unending efforts to make an original and timeless contribution to this excellent hobby. Here's to 2009 !!!

Re: Those new Blue Turks are looking mighty agressive

will this be part of a big box or a singel box,the man with his arms up in the air what is he doing a priest or a strelets !

Re: Re: Those new Blue Turks are looking mighty agressive

thin red line big set ,highlanders russian inf hussars and turkish foot with a turk command set omar pasha and his flunkys with big box only

there is 3 types of uniform here maybe 3 mini sets .but with strelets we do not know until the shroud is lifted. I hope the 2 green ones release together then i can ,make 2 divisons

the blue turks are open jacket later russo turk war maybe famed turkish chasseurs.All of them are most pleasing.

strelets- please can you redo the photos on rows 7 & 8

Dear Strelets

Unlike the others who seem to have computers that can see in the dark, rows 7 and 8 come out like silhouettes on my computer. Is it possible to redo these photos as they seem to be a command group and it would be nice to see the detail? Much obliged.

and Dear all

Strange that the Turks are in a big box set which is usually four sets but the Turks do look as if they could be 3 mini sets which they ought to be. I live in hope for 3 boxes of Turks and one of Highlanders in the big box set. The Russian Infantry got nowhere near the Highlanders and Turks in the Red Line though Don (Strelets do these) and Ural Cossacks could make up the Russian cavalry forces together with the Hussars.
We shall see.

David

Re: strelets- please can you redo the photos on rows 7 & 8

hello professori obrien, I recall Strelets once mentioned a term "redoubt troops" ,mmh i think not just Turks. but then i think well Brittish Grenadier and guards fought in glorious sandbag redoubt battle of the bayonettes at Alma.be good twin set.

I saw the "thin red line" mention way back on PSR Rouskie Hussars,russian Inf Turks Highlander.But then if it was simple i would say red line was the fez,chuckle. we find out soon, it has been a very long month for me already.

so can some tell what is exactly in thin red line ??? i see that tehre were hilanders and turks but will they add russian cavalry also to that set or not and when we will see russian and anglo - french artillery sets???

for you x my friend ,the "thin red line" is red fez

How did you spot the update before Stelets did Hank?
You must have been checking for updates every hour since they were announced.

Now try to stay calm Hank but there is actually 50 figures, now quickly take a cold shower before you do yourself an injury.

Greetings Brian I THINK IT STRELETS WAY OF SAYING MERRY XMAS, they did say "New Turk Contribution" Merry Xmas

Okay ...When server goes down os big clue for update.

Re: Re: Re: Those new Blue Turks are looking mighty agressive

Hi Hank,

I am not sure about the latest update on the Turks as this Zouave-style uniform came in use after the Crimean war. So these guys (as well as the ones in greatcoat) are very useful for the Russo-Turkish wars. That is what is great news for me!

So lets hope I am right and there is another great range available soon!

cheers
uwe

Re: Re: Re: Re: Those new Blue Turks are looking mighty agressive

Hi Uwe,forum gentlemen ....and Kert,

I am of teh thinking, that where there are Turks, you will find Russians.

Coming soon, perhaps !

Have fun