Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lowering hoofing standards

Ron, is Interesting to meet with your hands today .Italieri horses , do you consider using other horses with figures.Strelets chunky italieri skinny 1/72 so i guess you could use skinny hat horses.

I did a little trick to make mules.On italieri union artillery i do not like horse with no base.So i cut off the hoof and paint the hoof on.Now the horse look more mule size and teh milliput packs etc.

Maybe this technique not to your liking.So i paint white sock on the horse to cover up change.I use thin layer of milliput for basing the "mule".sometimes there is simple answer,around the corner. This forum and the others are good for help people.

You still come in on high horse i was right.Here we all get cut down to size eventually.

Mixing figures

Hi Hank,

Yes, I mix and match figures/horses all the time. As you know, some of the easiest conversions require nothing more than switching horses and a little paint.

I don't like that Italeri figures are giants compared to, lets say, my other Napoleonic or AWI figures. But I have managed to mix them in quite nicely with those from Marx, Marksmen, Spencer Smith, Kinder Surprise and others.

I've come to accept that to have a perfect collection of 100% historically accurate figures, all in the exact same size, covering every aspect of every period I am interested in.....will never happen. But there are a lot of figures that are close, paint covers a lot in 1/72 scale, and I read the forum for all sorts of clever tips and tricks. How else would I have found use for Imex Alamo Mexicans. As I have promised to be positive in 2009, I have learned to live with "close enough" while encouraging manufacturers to get it right.

I also agree that there should be a standard defining how big 1/72 should be. In the meantime, I have tall figures, short figures, fat figures...kind of like real people.

For true giants, the 28MM Perry and Victrix figures are off the scale. I know they are meant to supplement metal figures, but I only collect plastic. The only figures I have that come close to these are some of the Marx figures, and the Connoisseur line of Spencer Smith AWI / Napoleonics, which are about 30MM.