Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: my first request going into the new year

Excellent suggestion Ron. The plastic models should also indicate that they are plastic, the type of plastic and how to glue it, if they are glueable. No longer do we have hard plastic and soft plastic figures but at least four kinds of plastic being used for figures with very different properties.

Re: Re: my first request going into the new year

I was hoping that PSR might include the information in their reviews, or be more precise as to some extent they already do this. My concern is the type of plastic (within soft plastic) and its relative stiffness

Re: Re: Re: my first request going into the new year

Andrew

Rather sooner than you think. Watch this space...

Re: Re: Re: Re: reviews are too weak

You guys need to be brutal if required like on American Idol and tell the market where its at and what teh public/customers want.Otherwise someone else will come along and do it, then where are you guys ?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: reviews are too weak??

It's interesting how PSR affects my buying habits. While initially PSR helped me to select sets that I wanted to buy, this pretty much has changed into getting help to decide which sets not to buy. The latest review of Mars' Baltic Crusaders is such an example. I was convinced that I would buy this set, but looking at the freak show myself on PSR, I am thoroughly disgusted and there is no reason why I should waste my money on it

I must respectufully beg to differ

PSR is often both brutal and merciful, but I don't always agree with them, as to which sets get the thumbs up or thumbs down. In any case they are professional and non-vindictive, which I personally like.

Their images speak for themselves, so even if I don't agree with PSR's review comments, I can look at the pictures and scale notes, which are purely objective anyway. I have actually avoided sets I may otherwise have purchased, based solely their comments on plastic quality.

I don't know if PSR is replaceable. Certainly the task would not be an easy one

As for American Idol, I would love to get my hands a 1:72 scale Simon. I've plenty of firing squads and men swinging axes, hammers and swards as well as an assortment of wild animals to feed him to. I’d need to buy the Inquisition set too. When the Vlad Ţepeş set finally gets released I'd have him impaled as well. I loved when Homer Simpson clobbered him for knocking Lisa, so perhaps a Homer Simpson in 1:72 would also be a nice addition to lead my massive one inch lynch mob

Re: I must respectufully beg to differ

PSR does a great job for us and they are quite reasonable. I don't always agree with them, but that's okay. I don't always agree with much of anything. Recently they made an addition to one of their reviews as a result of a suggestion I made, and this is not the first time they have done this. I think it shows how reasonable they are.

I think they tend to rate Strelets too high and HaT and Pegasus too low, but that is just my opinion, and I have thousands of figures from all three. The comments are reasonable, the photos are great and they have their opinions just like I have mine.

On my blog, http://bunkermeister.blogspot.com/ I review figures all the time. But I only review figures I like, so the reviews tend to be good all the time!

Thanks Dave for the hard work you do!

Re: Re: PSR are too nice with reviews

If a maker sends them figures and PSR think rubbish...just say it.Do not beat about teh bush. REJECT is a category i like to see and tell us you send them back because a,b,c,d etc. Mark down re releases mark UP NEW models.Freshen it up.

We need a Mr Simon LIKE American Idol to get these manufacturers online ...no scale creep ..no brittle snap plastic no wobbly plastic.Send them back big REJECT. I know teh hobby would listen to PSR more and try get their approval before the figures go on teh market.Be a voice for collectors not a whisper.

Panel Review

One approach might be pannel review. Have several opions throw in there expertise on a set. Maybe even have public online votes. Simon's pardoned, he can be one of the reivew styles, especially in the plastic quality department. Sorry Homer

Re: Panel Review

The most valuable service offered by PSR is the pictures of the figures. It is nice to read the review, but I buy the figures, or not, from the pictures and the size indicated.

Re: Re: Panel Review

the picture and plastic is the most important things to me.because of the plastic that seems to be used by some now, i have put off buying sets that i normally would have at least picked up one set of.any opinions both good or bad,or how many buttons,etc etc, is just static to me.

tom

Re: Re: Re: Constant collector moaning

OKAY a guest reviewer would be nice,and to meet hobby personalitys we never hear about.educate us this way is nice and widen/extend the hobby too.

if i were in position of PSR i say to all teh market great all these figures but no good scenics to match. no normandy village on sea for ww2, no roman fortified town with inner buildings and not just little mile forts (is about time we have bigger).no jena or auerstadt village styles for nap no ACW town with train railway et etc why.These dioramas (perhaps sold in modules liek railway)would sell well.
All teh figures are dressed up and no where to go.
railway hobby look at big picture and do all scenics.

Okay teh review PSR data is complete ,why PSR do not do something.Its like taking an army to the border and then having a picnic, and going back home.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Constant collector moaning

PSR have done a new review and he has slammed the product rather heavily. When reading the numbers, think of them as grades. A 7 is average, like a C, a 6 is a D and a 5 is an F, so a failure.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Constant collector moaning

Thats my boy ! slam them if they need it..chuckel

If the pegs don't fit the holds...

.. and the weapons, packs, shields, horses and bases, and in some cases even appendages, fall apart, then Simon is probably just too nice of a guy to handle the review, so I still might need my Homer Simpson and Vlad the Impaler sets. Has anybody done a set of CEO's. Just kidding

Re: If the pegs don't fit the holds...

There ar eplenty experts love to do a guest review and get chance. So much hobby people drift away,travel job change retirement ,dog need walk maybe nice way to bring them back into the fold.