Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Strelets Colonial/Boar Wars sets

I stand corrected thank-you.

Re: Re: Re: Strelets Colonial/Boar Wars sets

Hi Andrew

I was wondering what else you were looking for in this range. I dont think Indians took a combat role in the Boer War, but the Highlanders would be useful. What else might Strelets do for this war? Some Boer wagons would be great so we could do earlier wars but Im not sure Strelets are the best people to make them.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Strelets Colonial/Boar Wars sets

'African tribal life' might be a useful mini-set for any African campaign, including the Anglo-Boer conflicts. Dancing girls, dancing warriors, some chiefs, drummers, to portrait native village life, just like in the movie 'Zulu'.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Strelets Colonial/Boar Wars sets

That would be a logical extension of the old Airfix Tarzan set too.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Kafirs

Some Kafirs would be good following teh uprising and also some non zulu tribe eg shona Matabele

Re: Re: Re: Re: Indian Trrops of 1900ish

I mixed up my websites. It turns out that is was Hat who is doing the Indian Troops. From that time period, and not neccsarily the campaign itself.

Does anyone know which war the "Bengal Lancer" set is for?

I was also assuming that the Indians were like the Scotts. If the British were there, then inevitably there would be both Highland and Indian units.

You are correct that the Boer war might have a kimitted range but the whol British empire at the time could offer a huge range.

Someone has got to be able to do a better job than Redbox, who still deserve some credit for there extensive boxer rebellion range.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Indian Trrops of 1900ish

For the Boer war you would need some Indian stretcher bearer, Ghandi himself serverd there.
Beside this there were no Indian combat troops there as far as I know.

As for the Trekker-wagons etc. Jacklex has a very good range of colonial wagons etc. I am searching for the old Qualiticast bigger colonial wagon, missed this one when I bought the range some years ago. This would be a fine one too.

Maybe HAT would add some Swazi warriors to their growing colonial range to cover all the armies that fought in the Zulu-war.

The Bengal lancers you could use for several campaigns in India from 1884 onwards and for the Boxer rebellion.

cheers
uwe