Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Strelets plans for next year

Wieh, al good news! (especially the GNW big boxes)
WW2 also sounds very good:) My I suggest ww2 Hungarians, Romanians (those hat guys are awful, I converted all of them), Russian scouts in camosuits, British comando's, Italians, etc etc.

Cheers,

Christiaan

Re: Re: Re: Victoriana military extravaganza

My CW "to die for "notes are
>French Mule Ambulance,(ZOUAVE)
> british Mule ambulance
> muletrain(generic for all campaigns) be big seller
> Small Russian Baggage wagon ,2 horse
> tartar wagons,
> balaclava railway cart and pullman horses.
> Redoubt(1-4) models
> True 1/72 Galleon(version man of line, option
>transport((sub options
> horse,coal,troopship,or Steamships ,
> options.)).

Remember , remember

Dear all

There are two dates British people remember:

one is the year 1066 but nobody remembers the date

the other is the 5th November but nobody remembers the year.

Inkerman had the misfortune to fall on November the 5th. I would like to think that instead of celebrating an obscure botched attempt at regicide we celebrate one of the greatest victories of the British army (and her French ally ) with fireworks and bonfires.
British; 8,500 men and 38 guns; French; 7,500 men (most as reinforcements) and 18 guns; Russian; 42,000 men and 134 guns. Not only did they hold their positions but they defeated the Russians.

Uwe's suggestion of Crimean war British infantry in greatcoats could also include Guards in greatcoats. Maybe the set of Russian infantry is in short supply now but an Inkerman set including the RA's 18 pdrs would be excellent.

for Hank
I hear the sound of "Mule Train" clippety clop. Let's hope so.

David

Re: Cryptic Grenadiers

Inkerman , the British Grenadiers Gardes defended the famous " Sandbag redoubt" ,maybee just maybee.that they are part of the big box ? no ?...wow if it could be.

Or is teh rumour control doing inside my cranium doing overtime ...?
or Maybe Strelets are being cryptic David.

I am jsut happy that teh super russian figures will be able to oppose their arch enemies the Turks.
I buy more strelets russian inf figures today when i hear good news.Also emhar artillery.

I agree taht campaign figures look tons better than parade ground toy soldiers. So i'd like to see some
figures in greatcoat (mini box ideal as we have plenty command figs)

Th turkish INFANTRY set is the catalyst set to kickstart CW for reasons mentioned above threads.But also opns up the early and latter parts of the war away from the crimean peninsula.

time to buy up more strelets rouskie sets and emhars artillery....

Re: Re: Cryptic Grenadiers

Great news about next year's sets! I'll be especially looking forward to the CW big box set with the Turks.

Re: Strelets plans for next year

GNW big boxes sound great, can't wait.

Re: Re: Strelets plans for next year