Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Anglo-Saxon mini set and my first Tumbling Dice figures

I've finished painting my Strelets Viking mini-set and have now started on the Anglo-Saxons. Both sets are great! In the meantime I just received my 1/72 metal Vikings from Tumbling Dice. These are nice figures and fit well with the Strelets figures
I liked them so much I immediatly sent off an order for the Anglo-Saxon sets to mix in with the Strelets.

As far as the TD figures. I received one each of the Viking bags (except the mounted huscarls). Each bag has 8 figures in 4 poses with head variants so the figures are not identical. Also included are seperate shields. The command set has 1 mounted chieftain, a mounted standard-bearer, two dismounted chieftains and standards on foot. The other sets have huscarls in long mail coats, bondi in short mail shirts, bondi in leather armor, and two different unarmored skirmisher sets-a good mix of Danish ax, bearded ax, spears, javelins, swords, slings, and bows. As I said before, mix well with the Strelets and have a similar build.

Re: Anglo-Saxon mini set and my first Tumbling Dice figures

Can you give us some pics?
Its nearly impossible finding some pictures of td miniatures in the web.

Re: Re: Anglo-Saxon mini set and my first Tumbling Dice figures

I, too, would love to see some pictures. I've been mulling over buying some of their figures, but just can't find any pictures of them anywhere online, and am very reluctant to buy them unseen.

Re: Re: Re: Anglo-Saxon mini set and my first Tumbling Dice figures

speaking of pics, I was just thinking that some comparison shots of Strelets, Zvezda, and TD Vikings would be helpful.

It will take me a while though since I have a crazy schedule do to the approval of my fiancee's k-1 visa.

She arrives in the USA next Saturday and we get married on August 6th or 7th

but give me a little while and I can take some comparison pics of bondi, archers, hersir, chieftains......

Maybe I'll have the new wife take my the pics since she is better with the camera than I am. She is a natural at taking pics and is photogenic herself-unlike Hrothgar

Re: Re: Re: Re: Anglo-Saxon mini set and my first Tumbling Dice figures

August 6th is Hiroshima day...perhaps the 7th would be better.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Anglo-Saxon mini set and my first Tumbling Dice figures

Thanks Mike, but she's a Filipina, not Japanese ,
but we were thinking the 7th anyway.

Re: Re: Re: Anglo-Saxon mini set and my first Tumbling Dice figures

Hi Peter,

take a look at the Hastings diorama. We used several hundred of them and they do fit very well with plastics.

cheers
uwe