Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
US Calvary

I just purchased Strelet's US Calvary (box 1), and I'm very impressed. Outside of Napoleonic calvary sets, I'd be interested to read of other contributor's favourite non-Nappy calvary sets......BTW: when is box 2 of Strelet's US Calvary going to ride into view?

Re: US Calvary

Last week I organised my US-Cavalry uniform material and my first thought when I sorted in the Boxer-Rebellion stuff was "Hey, with a little conversion I can use the Strelets-guys".

So yes, this is a very useful set!

cheers
uwe

Re: Re: US Cavalry

A set of dismounted, skirmishing cavalry eould be great. They could be used for the ACW and several colonial campaigns.

Re: Re: Re: US Cavalry

Trim off the hat brim and you have TURKISH CAVALRY

add a lance to most.

Revell WII Cossack's

get my vote for favorite

Re: Revell WII Cossack's

The Strelets US Cavalry are my favorite. After 30 years of trying to make the Airfix horses stay on their bases, I love the Strelets set! I have several but a few more are on my shopping list. I would love a WWI US Army Cavalry set from Strelets! That would really help round out their WWI Cavalry. I also like their late war WWI German Cavalry set too.

Re: Re: Revell WII Cossack's

Mike, the Strelet's US Calvary, with some imagination, could be painted khaki, with tan leggings, and used as the US Calvary from the incursion into Mexico to get after Pancho Villa in 1916.......

Like in that movie "They Came To Cordura" with Gary Cooper (and the "confirmed bachelor" Tab Hunter) where, at the beginning of the Movie their is a Calvary charge at a Bandido fort, not with gleaming sabres but drawn Colt .45 automatics........that's the way t treat 'em!

Re: US Calvary

for airfix base use a temp controlable soldering iron to weld the parts together its permanent

Cheers

Re: Re: US Calvary

Yes, eventually I solved the Airfix problem with the careful application of the soldering gun but as a kid I was not allowed to play with hot electrical tools!

I have eyed the Strelets US Cavalry set as a possible basis for WWI or even WWII US Army Cavalry. Perhaps some new heads with Montana Peak Hats from the old Airfix / HaT American Infantry or even helmets from the new HaT WWI US Army set.