Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 1.72 Horse casualty set

I took old ESCI horses(the ones with the separate bases) cut the pegs off the hooves, layed the horse on its side and ran a lighter back and forth so the two top legs drooped down to the ground, some splashes of blood and they sure look like dead horses to me. A pre-made set would be nice though, anything to save time! Good Luck

I think your flogging a dead horse there Hank

Cheers

Re: Re: 1.72 Horse casualty set

Well thats a real easy tip Jason gave us (thanks), so i think i'll pour custard on that.

There is a dead horse in bath the Airfix Hussar and the Cuirassier sets. I've still got a stash.

I agree that a general dead animal set would be most useful! doesn't have to be terribly historically accurate IMO. just some dead horses (with & w/o saddles), some dead camels (ditto), 1 or 2 dead mules, maybe an oxen & 1 or 2 dead horses with harnesses. i think that'll get the job done for everybody's needs!

Re: Re: 1.72 Horse casualty set

Come to think of it, I can't remember seeing any photos of a Normandy '44 wargame that included the fields of bloated dead cows that were such a common feature of the campaign...

Re: Re: Re: 1.72 Horse casualty set

Yes dead cows would give a realistic aspect to a Normandy 44 Diorama.

Regards

Pat