Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Best Designed Cavalry Set Ever Is ... ???

The Crimean 17th Lancers are an excellent set, but I'm very fond of the Strelets Cuirassier sets both winter and summer, they really look the part, big men on big Horses. Strelets Military Order Sergeants from the crusade range are very fine figures

Re: Re: The Best Designed Cavalry Set Ever Is ... ???

My favourite are the Crimean Russian Terek Cossacks. Beautifully sculpted, well-rounded figures with sharp detail, good anatomy and poses (all the Crimean sets are wonderful though).

In fact I use these Crimean cossacks for Russian Civil War gaming as the dress changed little and I personally think they are far superior to the WW1 cavalry sets in every way.

The Best Designed Cavalry Set up to now

Dear Streletsiers

Into the Valley of Death - because as I mention it below for those casualty & personality figures but also the 3 cavalry sets (Hussars,LDs,Lancers) . The box gives you a picture to put on the wall plus two contrasting poems by two of Britain's best loved poets to stir up your emotions. What a nice bonus. I can't think of any other plastic figure set that offers such a feast of delights.
I add "up to now" as the best is probably yet to come from Strelets. I don't want them to get too conceited.

David

Re: Airfix British Hussars top box of 12 .

As a single set these were superb, considering teh high amount of detail not really done by figures in this scale.They look good with strelets figures also.

These are my candidates...

Hi all

As both a collector and a small scale manufacturer (www.valdemarminiatures.com) I have the following cavalry sets on my most wanted list:

VA202 Teutonic Cavalry Command
Know this is one of my own, but with seperate heads, weapons and some very impressive sculpturing, this is a very nice set and also the pose of a knight mounting his horse is special.

Orion
Their Polish Winged Hussars are fantastic!

Zvezda
Their Livonian knights

Best regards
Valdemar

Re: These are my candidates...

Gulliver confederates.

Re: Re: These are my candidates...

Revell's Chassears and their Household Cavalry I think - guys just sitting, swords a believable length, delicate detail, nicely proportioned, round-looking figures. Two of the nicest sets of any subject.

Re: Re: Re: These are my candidates...

Italeri's Union cavalry and Gulliver's Confederate riders.