Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
12 x WW1 RUSSIAN FIGURES IS NOT ENOUGH

Are these mini box ? If so is there any more .

Re: 12 x WW1 RUSSIAN FIGURES IS NOT ENOUGH

well, there will be winter russians too...

Re: Re: 12 x WW1 RUSSIAN FIGURES IS NOT ENOUGH

yes Christian, but we can only use them 1/2 of the year

Re: 12 x WW1 RUSSIAN FIGURES IS NOT ENOUGH

well, there are the HAT figures & sets. WW1 infantry + heavy weapons.

Hank, what if we create a 'fanatic wintercoat unit' from seberia? Whatever the weather being, they'll wear the coats that does remebers them of home ;) :)

Re: Re: Re: 12 x WW1 RUSSIAN FIGURES IS NOT ENOUGH

Well that serbo unit may just be the ticket.I'd like to have seen a 44 figure set for these.A wheeled machine gun AND CREW and some form of semaphore operator and corporal dude .(huh, hi technology, no bugs or upgrade downpatches needed no pentium or burp pace tx ).Flaregun and a mess bowl of borsch.

Re: Re: Re: Re: 12 x WW1 RUSSIAN FIGURES IS NOT ENOUGH

We need a tachanka (that uniquely Russian machine gun on a carraige) and crew. Give a little support to those harried Strelets cavalry units.

We need some artillery.

Oh, and did I mention the armoured trains ....

Have a great day, Frank

Yes, these Hät sets ... .
They`re more part of the problem than a solution imho.
Their WWI Russian Infantry set offers just 8 rather stiff poses and even some of this little 8 are wasted somehow. Although well sculpted their anatomy/poses aren`t the most lively around. They remind me of Esci figures a bit.
The Russian Heavy Weapons set is a real low point (together with most others of their WWI figures) from this manufacturer. A wasted opportunity!
That`s why I have high hopes in the upcoming 2 Russian sets from Strelets!
After all those cavalry units for the eastern front it seems that we get now some fine infantry finally.

Regards

Re: Re: Re: 12 x WW1 RUSSIAN FIGURES IS NOT ENOUGH

Its a pity that mass armies like ww1 russian brittish german are being represented by so few figures.These figures are fine themselves but dont look like an operating unit.Surley there was better platoon organisation than this.Maybe the "mothers boys" in coats will pad this set out when they turn up.

this is where a stokes mortar team or gun team helps splits up/pad out the pack.we see alot in 40+ figure sets.Gives alot more play option with the sets.

A stretcher(folded) bearer party running out to the wounded is rarely seen in model form.

Airfix and others break up teh pack with a casualty .One upright one on the ground.

I like it best when wounded are being tended or carried on 2 crossed rifles etc or over the shoulder.few appear to be getting dragged along by the buddy(presumably wounded also).

Always there is a number 2 for a machine gun running behind the gunner stooping low...with spare ammo bandoliers or boxes almost stumbling every 10 yards.
Plus teh experienced corporal to sight.Maybe we see when these "mothers boys" appear soon with teh coats on.

A pair of forward field telephone operators calling HQ etc would be luxury.Or at least a company runner running up to an officer offering a message.Maybe thats a conversion in waiting.

Re: Re: Re: Re: 12 x WW1 RUSSIAN FIGURES IS NOT ENOUGH

Overall, the details of the figures are very nice. But I do have to agree that Mini Boxes for this theme may not be enough.

For the WWI Infantry theme, I feel they deserve and hope the S*R Team considers a full set including the suggestions Hank has made. Not a command set, but a rounded out set of men charging the trenches.

So far, I only count 3 caps vs many more adrian helmets. One vote from me that the next set will have more caps for doing head swops or conversions. And I hope for more poses of men charging trenches. I tend to favor the earlier days of WWI before it got so mechanized. I always like those wounded, dead, stretcher-bearer, machine gun poses ...

But like I said, nice sculpting and I especially like the well-done blanket/coat roll details!