Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Well so much for Malcom in the middle

Dave i have nightmares about my collection with the gaping holes in teh Strelets Crimean Allied defence .

Even with metal figures helping out and now a of an ammo dump near Kadikoi with a supply train(pack miule and wagon) coming much sooner than a Srelets box could ever.Is not too distant.Its forming up and looking way much better than i thought.

I think Britney has teh same problem Elvis Presley had with his p.rick of an agent/manager.

Re: Well so much for Malcom in the middle

No bad words about Colonel Parker: he was dutch too and I'm proud to be dutch! Thanks to Colonel Parker Elvis never performed outside the US and Elvis waisted his talent in making bad movies.
I'm Colonel Parker very gratefull for this!

Re: Re: Well so much for Malcom in the middle

Never heard of Parker before, but after reading what he did, I suddenly became a great fan! :0

Hmm, these 'night wars' are a fine explanation for the mess in my room

Cheers,

Christiaan

Re: Re: Re: Well so much for Malcom in the middle

The majority of my soldiers have not forgiven me for taking them over to Vietnam by plane, bus and finally a taxi where me, them and the driver were almost dashed to the four winds by oncoming traffic.

Most of the paint rubbed off and I'm repainting them slowly.....

How many more times.......I'M SORRY!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Good Man, Commander Matt!

Hi Matt,

It is refreshing to hear that you regularly "Re-Issue" new uniforms to your soldiers (by repainting them).

If I were a toy soldier of your's, I'd be durned proud to carry myself in a freshly-painted uniform in bright, new updated colors, as well as proud of my old chipped-up painted-on uniform in the old paints, "battle-scars'n all", after a rough-and-tough campaign as your Viet Nam Expedition, and could not wait to discover the next campaign-assignment - Middle East; South America; Africa ... Where's we go'in next Commander Matt?

Salutes to you Good Man, Commander Matt!

Re: Good Man, Commander Matt!

Cheers,

I have to confess that I don't repaint by choice, it's just that after the Vietnam enterprise (Nov 2003-Aug 2004): the battle stress of 2 long haul flights, a short hop into Phnom Penh, crossing the land border from Cambodia to Vietnam and then on a perilous journey from Saigon to a provincial town in the Mekong delta rubbed some paint away.

The troops were in some state of disarray and morale was low. I didn't pay them much attention and threats of mutiny and desertion were growing.

Thankfully, I was able to escape with 7000 hard-earned dollars in cash (tucked into a plaster statue of Ho Chi Minh) back into Cambodia and out to England. Despite a hardcore of truculent Greek peltasts and volatile Thracians attempting to escape through a torn bag at Heathrow airport, I'm happy to say that every single one of the expeditionary force made it safely back. So we lost a bit of paint and a few weapons got broken, but it was a good experience for them and they were overjoyed to be re-united with the home army.

The future?

When I paint now, it stays on thanks to a gloss varnish finish. We have learned to respect each other. I'm planning trips to Istanbul, South East Asia, China and Peru, but I'll leave the vast majority of the horde back at base!

Re: Re: Who Wants To Be "Your Favorite Toy Sets?"

Hi Malcolm,

It's finally the weekend again, and free time again for our hobby.

I hope you gather by my post that I'm not a wargamer, and enjoy the hobby as a "playset" collector would, and I'm not a wargame enthusiast. That's why I allude to imagination (not the roll of a dice). I've never made a secret of that. In fact, I'm hopeful that there are others out there in cyberspace who also feel the same as me.

But I'm gathering by the lack of responses to this thread that I am, for the most part, not in the majority of members of this forum, and in fact, a "dinosaur." This forum is moving-on and I'm not. I'm actually embarrassed for starting this thread!

I'm kinda stuck in a time-warp with the hobby. But I can assure you I'm not stuck in a drug-induced state as the recent tragedies of movie performers (one you mention) have been suffering. My original post/question was thought-of stone-sober, same as I did as a kid.

I hope you are OK with me ( ) and always look forward to your posts about the hobby.

Cheers Mate!

Re: Who Wants To Be "Your Favorite Toy Sets?"

When I go to bed, I sometimes think about my Airfix WW2 figures getting a life.

Re: Re: Who Wants To Be "Your Favorite Toy Sets?"

Hi Jan,

Your collection of 1/72 Soldiers do "Have a Life!" That is exactly why they are lucky to "belong" to "Your Command."

Most toys simply end-up in the trash-heap after a kid falsely believes they are not worth keeping. Durned pitty!

When you wake-up each and every morning, you give/get them their life!

Cheers Mate!

Cheers Dave :-)))