Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: to Strelets re:future 19th century

21st December 2012?

That's my birthday, so maybe it could be postponed for a couple of days so I can enjoy this. Then it's christmas so perhaps some time in January 2013 would be more appropriate?

Re: Re: Re: Re: to Strelets re:future 19th century

Postpone? I would prefer to cancel it all together.

Re: Re: to Strelets re:future 19th century

Hello Strelets,

What period of the Russo-Turkish War are you considering? As they were at war almost continually from 1568 until 1918.

I favour the 1806-1812 period as this would also attract a lot of Napoleonic war gamers and collectors.

Re: Re: to Strelets re:future 19th century/ACW and the West

You are not the first company to say that an American maker could be 'more sympathetic' to the idea of ACW and Wild West. Sadly, that has not happened. A lot of people had great faith in you and the beginnings of an American series. You have really disappointed a lot of people. These were some of the first sets from you that I was really interested in. You can keep your Napoleonic, and Great Northern War, and lesser Southern War, and various middle ages sets from the different provinces. I know that there must be some market for them, I'm just very disappointed that you didn't continue to use your talent and skills to expand the American frontier line. At this point, if you don't do them, we will never see them done.

Re: Re: Re: to Strelets re:future 19th century/ACW and the West

Sadly, Jay, I fear you are correct. It's a great pity. The ACW would be perfect for mini-sets.

Re: Re: Re: Re: to Strelets re:future 19th century/ACW and the West

Hi everybody

I'm sorry but I really think that we are getting carried away by this discussion. After all, a company must depend on the market it foresees and on what it considers sells best. If it does just every set we all would like it closes very quickly.

For some of us it is disappointing not to have ACW sets by strelets but I think they still do useful things.

There are other manufacturers that also do what they consider best for their business... Let's not destroy Strelets on its own forum for some personal unwarranted wishes, please!!! Unfair and pointless

Mat

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: to Strelets re:future 19th century/ACW and the West

Hi Mat,

I am absolutely with you. Everybody of us has wishes and favourite periods and a manufactor can't fulfill all our wishes.

There are a lot of ideas I have and most of them are ecotic. I can't argue with a manufactor just because he does not produce what I want. I am sorry guys, but maybe you should start with metals or trying to open your own business!

Strelets go on with your work. I will buy all your stuff, from some boxes more from other I am not very interested in less.

I guess you mean the Russo-Turkish war of 1877?
These would be very useful figures and a very interesting war. Beside this Turks had Zouave uniforms and Russians had a German style uniform. So we have a lot of possibilities of conversons.

cheers
Uwe

Re: Re: to Strelets russian emigrants

When you watch a film like "heavens gate" you learn that there were several thousands of russian emigrants who started their life in the new world. So you cannot say that the story of the wild west does not touch russian history.