Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Strelets Union commands sets were nice...

McClellan need not be represented in miniature, he was an ineffective commander. Besides calling Antietam by its southern name (Sharpsburg), it could also be called "The Battle At Which McClellan Could Have Annihilated the Army of Northern Virginia...". Lincoln was right to remove him from command after that battle - again!
Just use a tent as a marker for McClellan.

Be that as it may.....

he was there, so I need one to do Antietam. Same with Lee, Meade, Grant, Jackson, Longstreet, Custer, etc. Etc. etc. in other battles.

Granted, I don't need every personality, and there were some in the Strelets set I think were pointless (Prince of Orleans?). But if you do Gettysburg, you gotta have Meade and Lee, and it seems like a good idea to throw in a Pickett as well.

What good is Little Bighorn without Custer or Crazy Horse?

Or Waterloo without Napoleon?

Or the Alamo without Davy Crockett?

We've come a long ways in 1/72 with personality figures.

Re: Be that as it may.....

For McClellan, take the mounted figure of Chamberlain and trim down the moustache. Remove the head and put it on Grant's body. You'll have a passable mounted McClellan (in kepi) in a general's dress uniform.

Re: Re: Be that as it may.....

Might have no choice but to do that, thanks.

I have found a lot of uses for these figs. The mounted Hancock and Custer go chasing Cheyenne while the mounted one-armed Oliver is leading a column of Strelets US Cav in pursuit of Nez Perce (the Airfix Indians).

I know I am outing myself

but why has it to be Confederate or Union infantry, cavalry and artillery again? There are several sets on the market.

Of course the Iron Brigade is underrepresented so this would be an idea. If it has to be ACW again I would prefer to see figures that we don't have. For example all the units at Bull Run (or First Mannasses if you like). Another set of Union infantry is - in my eyes - as important as another set of French Imperial Guard grenadiers.

What I need are sets of units that were never done before.

cheers
Uwe

Re: I know I am outing myself

I agree, Uwe. Like dismounted, skirmishing cavalry(one set would do for both sides) and Iron Brigade.

Re: New ACW sets from strelets

I was thinking MINI set both union and confederate infatry

12 marching,12 realoding,12 fireing and 12 chargeing that i was thinking. And as for the cavalry one set cavalry on march and second in battle.

Re: Re: New ACW sets from strelets

I like this idea alot !!!

Mini-Sets could build up any army with the musket-type firing line strategies, all the way up to Colonial days. Mini-sets could be used for any branch of an army, too, as Uwe is suggesting, especially never before produced.

Still, to me, Re: ACW, as far as I'm concerned, all the stuff on the market is inferior and could use being updated. I really do not like the Italeri dancing balerina guys with oversized heads and dancing feet. The Accurate/Imex stuff never was up to great standards, and those moulds are old, old, old. The field cannons and cassions are awful, hollow-bellied nickle & dime designed.

I'd like to see some nice Seige-Guns, such as the S*R Russian CW Naval guns, or the Revell Nappy British Artillery with cassions. Both Classic sets.

My point is not to argue against anyone here, but that over the future years, S*R will hopefully have enough time, energy, and resources to make everything we are asking for ...

Re: New ACW sets from strelets

McClellan and Meade also They could be but on that hospital/camp set,+ adding some nurses ,photogtapher, war correspondednt ,vivandiers etc.
Under Confederate militia i was thinking those boys that attaced Union troops in film Gods and Generals in Battle of Bull Run also like those militia soldiers like Bill said are usefoul.
Also i was thinking good zouaves for both sides.
And as for the artillery i was thinking normal sige artillery
2 moratars + crew
set 2 Big guns + crew

italery artiller is toylike both the guns and grew but like strelets GNW artillery sets are superior so they should make a good set. ,,Gatlings indeed thidn used in war but this gatling shown in psr site is The model here dates from the early 1880s and is fed by the circular Accles Positive Feed Drum that is on top of the barrel. It is accurately modelled and an interesting-looking weapon, but it has nothing to do with the Civil War´´
So i was thinking that it should be like did they used in civil war. and furthermore i was thinking one set of colored soldiers ( film Glory)

Naval landing parties etc

As for the moundent cavaly als mybe dismonted cavalry Morgan raiders etc

There are mony possiblities