Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Into The Valley of Death - Big Box Value

Hi Scott,

Yes, no bull! The old Marx HO Mini Set of "Charge of the Light Brigade" painted up in the scarlet red with gold helmets and white trousers made a life-long lasting impression on me. I had one Big Box set, but hated the way the rifles and lances broke off cause of the crummy-quality hard plastic.

When S*R came out with the 17th Lancers in the soft plastic and Terracotta color, I pre-ordered twice as many sets as I thought I would need from my suppliers. It was easy to afford in Japan, cause the money was easy and my Japanese wife worked also.

Regarding infantry, because there are so many more men in a box, I ordered about 10-15 of each, depending on convertibility. I got more of the latest British with the Pill-Box hats with button on top for conversions. I like shakos, but the cap is coolest!

I come from a single-parent family, the youngest of 3 boys, and missed out the first time on some classic sets, but not a second time !!! Know what I mean ... :-)?

This is why I am a big supporter of S*R. They deliver the sets I love, in every way.

But I do put my money where my mouth is. I've been a big supporter of S*R since their early days, and they are by far my biggest investment in figurines of my collection.

Really, no bull! It's just a hobby for me, not a business.

Cheers!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Into The Valley of Death - Big Box Value

I believe you Dave. I was just wondering if you had a lot of infantry. I love the highlanders. They are the best!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Into The Valley of Death - Big Box Value

Hi Scott,

The Highlanders are certainly one of my favorites too. I'm sorry for sounding defensive, or too long winded. Although it's not a business for me, did I mention the word "passion" anywhere? Cheers!

Have a great Sunday

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Into The Valley of Death - Big Box Value

I too will be buying this set in the near future, purely for personal pleasure (although I think I'll paint them too)